ONE

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّ حْمَنِ الرَّ حِيم

Dear Diary,

Okay, so I haven't jotted down in a while probably cause of my busy schedule, ugh! Well anyways. I lost my sister, unfortunately.

Sighs

I may not have a promising connection with her but then I still can't change the fact that she's my sister and I love her no matter what, I don't exactly know how I feel about her death, well you know! It's complicated.

I do wish I had a chance to say goodbye.

Shockingly, I've decided to return home after 5 years, I don't know why I agreed on going after pledging to never go back, you know what? I just don't know, I'm confused, I don't wanna go back and I still want to.

Never mind tho, I will be leaving tomorrow, wish me luck.

Love,
Hauwa.

I blew out a nervous breath and gave myself a mental prep. "You can do this Hauwa." I wore my RayBan shades and walked down the airstair like a model while the hot air blew my hair every witch way.

I retrieved my bags and walked out to find a cab, since I didn't inform anyone about my coming, I know everyone will be stunned to see me but I am also shocked that I am back.
I mean I promised myself to never come back to Nigeria, but here I am.

I gave the cab driver directions and I put on my ear pods. I skimmed at how Abuja has changed so much since I left and I shook my head. Of course, it's going to change, it has been 5 years.

"Madam we are here." The can driver called out and I glanced at the massive gate which behind it is the Danbatta Estate.

One of the securities scanned the car before the electrical gate unlocked to disclose the family estate. I exhaled in and out attempting not to recall the last time I was here. Memories that I have buried and don't want to reflect back to.

I quickly notified the driver the precise house he would be dropping me at. The Danbatta estate was built by my business mogul grandfather, Musa Danbatta who had the idea that all his children should live in one location and solely the grandchildren have the freedom to live in different areas. The estate comprises of a total of 30 houses and the largest being my grandfather's. It's a family estate but other people also occupy the rest of the houses.

The estate is one of the most exquisite, neat, and secure estate in Abuja which contains it's own plaza, Mosque, Islamic school and so on.

The cab came to a standstill in front of my grandfather's mansion which was filled with cars since today is my sister's 3-day prayer. I stepped down the car and stared at the large mansion towering over me. The white coating of the paint shined as the sun beat down on it.

I sauntered into the building with everyone's attention on me probably wondering what the stubborn divorced daughter of Yusuf Danbatta is doing back in Nigeria, but guess what? I don't care.

You must be wondering about my luggage, well I kept them at my father's house before coming to my grandfather's side and I was fortunate no one was there. I looked around the room noticing only a few familiar faces and I shunned them and walked up the stairs to go look for Hajiyah Halima aka Anty.