14: First Kiss

"Stiles, seriously. What?" Scott asked exasperatedly, pressing the home button to pause their video game just as Stiles was about to lose another round.

"Nothing, I don't know what you're talking about." Stiles scoffed, obviously lying to the other boy. He looked at his controller to avoid eye contact.

"Is it a wolf thing? Is someone outside waiting to kill us?" Scott glanced out the window of Stiles' bedroom.

"What? No!" Stiles looked at him with wide eyes from where he sat on the floor next to his bed.

Scott looked down at him from his place on the bed with a raised eyebrow. "Okay, then what?"

Stiles looked down. They hadn't really spoken about the werewolf thing since Scott had gotten out of the hospital a few days ago, save for a few questions Scott couldn't hold in. Stiles definitely hadn't told him about the whole 'mates' situation. He didn't want to overwhelm and scare his best friend. Scott was almost fully healed, the marks on his chest now only faint red lines.

"Just um, I don't think Lydia will want to go to the dance with me after what happened," Stiles partially lied. He was really nervous about asking Scott to go with him.

Scott began to laugh, laying back on the bed as giggles fell from his lips. Stiles climbed onto the mattress next to him and scowled playfully, not understanding Scott's amusement.

"What?" He poked him.

"You're a werewolf that's being hunted by other werewolves and werewolf hunters and you're acting like this over the winter formal?" Scott asked incredulously.

Stiles rolled his eyes, laying down next to him. He smiled fondly at his mate. "I'm still trying to be a normal, super strong, super fast, super hot, teenager after all."

Scott laughed again at his bragging. He rolled onto his side so he could see Stiles properly. He reached his hand out and took Stiles' in his own, a light blush dusting his cheeks.

"If she doesn't wanna go with you we can always hang out at my place. My mom has work that night so you can howl at the moon as loud as you want." Scott cackled at his own joke, earning a shove.

"I still wanna go. With or without her. Maybe we could go together?" Stiles didn't look at Scott. He looked down at their hands and played with Scott's fingers apprehensively.

Scott leaned over to catch Stiles' eye. "Are you saying we can go alone together and crash the thing as a back up plan or.. are you asking me to go with you?"

Stiles listened to Scott's heartrate speed up in nervousness. He squeezed Scott's hand gently.

"I'm asking you to go with me."

"Then ask me properly." Scott grinned.

Stiles chuckled softly and shook his head, averting his gaze before looking back at Scott. He untangled their hands and propped himself up on his elbows. He gently cupped Scott's face in one hand.

"Scott McCall, would you like to be my date to the winter formal?"

"No." Scott said nonchalantly with a shrug. He then began to cackle at Stiles' face. "Oh my god, you dork. I'm kidding. Of course I would." He giggled to himself, leaning his face against Stiles' hand.

Stiles rolled his eyes. "You asshole," he mumbled with no bite to it. "And you're okay with going? With me.. you know, being a... you know..?"

Scott rolled his eyes. "Stiles, we've been best friends for twelve years. I'm not leaving just because you go all furry sometimes."

It was Stiles' turn to laugh then. He fell back on the bed, holding his stomach and looking at Scott through his squinted eyes. He suddenly stopped laughing, taken away by how beautiful Scott looked when he smiled.

"What?" Scott asked self-consciously, grabbing Stiles' hand again.

"Nothing. You're just.." Stiles trailed off. He leaned up to cup Scott's face again. He moved close enough to feel their breaths mix.

Scott's eyes widened in surprise but he didn't move away. Stiles slowly leaned in, watching intently for his friends reaction. He took Scott's eyes fluttering closed as his que to close the distance between them.

Their mouths were just about to meet when the bedroom door opened abruptly. The boys jumped away from each other. Stiles looked at his dad with wide eyes. Scott looked anywhere but at the two Stilinski's with his head bowed so he could hide his face behind his hair.

The Sheriff gaped at them silently before gathering his thoughts. "Really?" He gasped. "Actually no, that makes sense. Wait, how long?"

Stiles groaned and covered his face in his hands. "Dad," he growled annoyedly. "Like two seconds." He glared at his dad through his fingers.

"Oh!" The Sheriff looked even more surprised then a mix between awkward and guilty. "Oh, sorry boys. I just wanted to tell you that I've been called into work and I won't be back until late. Now I'm wondering if I should go." He gave them a sceptical look.

Scott curled up, hiding his face in his knees while Stiles let out a indignant sound.

"Oh my god, dad! We're not going to- Jesus!" Stiles looked at his dad exasperatedly.

"Maybe I should just go," Scott mumbled awkwardly, moving to stand up.

Stiles grabbed his hand and gave him a pointed look. "You, sit back down. And you," he pointed to his dad. "Please leave." He said pleadingly.

Noah looked at both their red faces before nodding. "Alright, alright, no funny business!"

"Dad!" Stiles threw his pillow. It hit the door as Noah quickly shut it behind himself.

Both Stiles and Scott flopped back down on the bed, both of them too embarrassed to speak.

"Listen, Stiles. I'm sorry for-"

Scott was cut off by Stiles pressing his lips against his. Scott made a noise of surprise before kissing back, letting his eyes slip closed. His hand found the back on Stiles' neck, pulling him closer. Stiles grinned against his mates lips, feeling euphoric.

"Still sorry?" Stiles pulled away with a smirk.

"Not at all," Scott mumbled, pulling Stiles back into a deeper kiss.