12: The Alpha

"How is this even going to work? We bring him here and then what?" Stiles huffed, leaning again his jeep.

"We kill him." Derek shrugged, looking up at the school with a bored expression.

It had been Stiles' idea to lure the alpha to the school. He couldn't stand it, not knowing if Scott was safe every time they parted and now he would be able to protect him even less with the Argents after him. Derek had healed but not forgiven him for leaving him bleeding out. He agreed to help only because he wanted the alpha dead too. They both wanted it to be over, therefore Stiles had howled for the alpha, signalling his location.

Both boys tensed up, hearing wheels on the asphalt.

"What? The alpha drove here?" Stiles asked disbelievingly, looking at Derek with his eyebrows raised.

Derek watched as the car pulled into the desolate lot. He shook his head, an angry look on his face. "That's not the alpha. Did you tell him you were here? Get rid of him!" He growled out.

Stiles frowned and watched as the car door opened. His stomach dropped and his breath got caught. "No, no, no, no, Scott? What're you doing here?"

Stiles rushed to him quickly, stopping him from getting any closer to the school.

Scott glanced between him and Derek. "You told me to come." He frowned at his friend, looking a bit put out by Stiles' reaction.

"What? Scott, I didn't tell you anything. Trust me, I do not want you here." Stiles' mouth hung open.

Scott looked down and frowned, pulling out his phone to show Stiles a message. "But you- you texted," his voice had gone quiet out of embarrassment of rejection.

"No I didn'-" Stiles patted his pockets and frowned. "Where's my phone? Shit. Scott, I didn't send that, okay? You can't be here." Stiles put his hands on Scott's shoulders, trying to push him back into the car.

"Why? What's going on?"

"Scott, we can talk another time."

"Why not now? It is drugs, isn't it?" He glanced at Derek suspiciously.

"Drugs? Scott, you think I'm on drugs?"

"I can't think of anything else!"

"Scott, listen to me. I'll explain everything, okay? But later. You need to go."

Suddenly, a large rock flew from the trees, landing on Scott's car, bending the hood dramatically. Scott jumped away from it with a yell.

"What the fuck?!" He yelled.

Stiles froze up, pulling Scott close to himself. He shoved the keys to his jeep into Scott's hands as he stared at the trees for any sign of movement. "Get out of here."

"What? No. I'm not leaving you."

"St-" Both boys snapped their heads over to look at Derek. His eyes were wide in pain. He was suddenly raised from the ground, blood spewing from his mouth, the alpha digging his claws into his torso. Scott screamed in horror. The alpha looked at them threateningly as it threw Derek's body away.

Stiles grabbed Scott's hand and pulled him into the school, pushing Scott in front of him. He slammed the doors shut behind him and peeked out the window, heart racing.

"What the fuck was that?!" Scott gasped, taking a puff of his inhaler.

Stiles squeezed his eyes shut, thinking of what to do. He wasn't worried for himself, only for Scott. He had to find a way to get Scott out passed the alpha.