5: Lydia

Scott smiled at him the next morning as though nothing had happened.

He was waiting by his bike when Stiles had pulled into the parking lot. They always walked into school together. Stiles took a deep breath as he came closer to his friend before smiling back.

"Hey, Scott, I'm sorry about yesterday. I'm just- I'm trying to figure some stuff out." Stiles tried to explain vaguely, scratching his head.

Scott just shrugged it off like Stiles knew he would. "Don't worry, man. But, you know you can always talk to me."

Stiles just playfully rolled his eyes and shoved Scott. Scott had always been the more emotionally open of the two. Stiles treated his emotions much like how he was treating his newfound werewolfism; ignoring it until he had control. "Sap."

Scott stumbled a bit more than he normally would've, surprised by the force behind Stiles' jab. He righted himself quickly and just laughed it off, blaming his own clumsiness.

Stiles quickly reached up to hold onto his backpack straps, keeping his hands away from Scott. His strength was something he had noticed that morning. He had stopped to look himself over in the mirror after he had taken his clothes off to shower. His biceps were slightly bigger, more defined, and he actually had abs. Like real life abs. He had stared in shock for almost ten minutes before his dad had knocked for him to hurry up.

He had worn his typical clothes to school, slightly baggy and long sleeved, he didn't own anything else. But the difference was still there. His arms filled out the sleeves in a way they never had before. Stiles couldn't think of anything cooler than being a werewolf. He had yet to test the limitations of his strength though, he supposed he could do it sometime after school, or even during lacrosse.

He realised then that Scott was actually talking to him.

"- so yeah, the dog is fine but that's besides the point. Well, not really, it is my job after all. But she smiled at me! That's a good sign, right?"

Stiles just nodded, not sure who 'she' was but didn't want to seem rude. "Yeah, dude, totally a good sign." He encouraged. It had obviously been the right thing to say judging by Scott's grin.

"I'll catch you in English?" Scott raised his eyebrow, turning to head down a different corridor to his locker.

"See you there." Stiles saluted, continuing his path to his own locker.

He grabbed his things quickly, still finding the corridor a little too loud without Scott's presence. He was so caught up in the noise that he didn't notice someone right next to him even with the help of his new senses. Stiles closed his locker and jumped, clutching his chest.

"Lydia?"

"Stiles, right?" Her glossed lips pulled up in a smile.

Stiles nodded dumbly, shocked that Lydia knew his name, let alone was actually speaking to him. The last time she had willingly spoken to him was to tell him his fly was down in seventh grade.

"I saw you yesterday at try-outs, I didn't know you were so good." Her tone was flirtatious as she twirled a strand of her strawberry blonde hair around her finger.

Stiles leaned against his locker and tried to play it cool. He shrugged his shoulder in a way that was meant to seem humble but there was an air of pride radiating off of him.

"There's a party Friday, you're coming with me." Lydia stated, her tone leaving no room for argument.

Stiles stood up straighter, suddenly confused. "You're with Jackson."

"We're off right now." She shrugged, not seeming concerned for her rocky relationship. "So, I'm going with you. Comprendo?"

Stiles nodded quickly. "Yeah, yeah totally. No problem at all, like at all. This is actually- yeah, I'll pick you up."

"Eight." Was all Lydia said, patting his chest and walking away.

Stiles let out a breath and fist pumped. The Lydia Martin had just asked him out. He had never been happier to be attacked in the woods before.

But she had said Friday and Friday was a full moon. His first full moon.

He really had to work on his control. He was not going to miss this chance.