Chapter 3

Chap 3
Arizonas pov

Tw: mention of self harm

I woke up on my bathroom floor with a pounding headache and a empty bottle of tequila in my right hand. As my eyesight became more clear I noticed that it was my previously untouched bottle of sierra silver that I was gifted. I sighed and crawled to my bed, shivering and disappointed in myself. When I was gifted that, I promised myself I would never drink it myself, or in one night. As soon as I got to the warm comfort of my bed, I reached to my night stand for a bottle of Ibuprofen and water.

After swallowing the medication, I wrapped myself in blankets and went back to sleep. The fact that it was 9am and I had already missed half of my shift was the least of my concerns.

An hour later.....

When I woke up, the pounding in my head had slightly subsided. Usually I would've just gone back to bed, but I knew I had to tell someone from the hospital I was alive, so I texted Alex.

"Alive, just not coming in today" I wrote and then pressed send.

"Oh really? Nice one, genius" he responded sarcastically right away. I rolled my eyes. In a separate text he asked "so what was it this time? Wine, tequila, beer?"

"Shut up" I replied.

"Oh no, was it tequila? Why?" He asked.

"I said shut up!" I responded.

"Don't tell me you drank the sierra silver!" He said.

"Alex..... I told you to shut up!" I responded.

"Oh my Gosh Robbins....🙄!" He replied. I was annoyed by the fact that I knew he was right.

"Oh, Whatever Alex" I said back.

"Your moody! What happened?" He asked. I sighed in irritation.

"I can get you fired, you know, for unprofessional behavior with your superior" I replied, then I waited as the little dots kept bouncing for him to finish typing and send the text.

"Was it Jennifer?" He asked. He knew I would never get him fired.

"Alex..... how many times will I have to tell you to shut the frick up before you actually shut the frick up!?" I asked. He knew I was irritated with him.

"My shift ends in an hour, I'm coming over then" he replied.

"I'm not letting you in" I said, irritated.

"Remember that night when I brought you home when you were blacked out and stayed with you? And then you gave me a key to your house as you came to?" He replied, he must've thought this was funny.

"I hate you" I replied.

"You love me" he replied. He knows me too well.

As I got up, put down my phone, and looked around, I noticed the blade was gone.

Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit!

That's when I finally lifted my long sleeves and looked at my wrists. I hadn't noticed before because my shirt was a dark navy but upon further inspection, someone who was fully awake would've noticed it right away.

When I rolled up my sleeves, I was horrified to see 4 new sloppy cuts on me in the peak summer of August in Seattle.

I went to the sink and cleaned my left wrist of blood and then sprayed the cuts with an antibacterial and antiseptic spray. The painful sting felt deserved after my stupidity last night.

Then, I put a robe to cover the blood so Alex didn't see it and went back to bed. The motivation I had to made my house look more presentable was gone.

A hour later....

*knock knock* "Robbins are you decent?" Alex asked from the other side of my bedroom door.

"Go away karev!" I yelled back. In response, he walked in and layed down on my bed next to me.

"I could get you fired for this, you know." I said. He chuckled at me, but ignored my comment otherwise.

"What happened between you and Jennifer?" He asked. I sighed deeply from the sheer want to ignore him.

"Nothing" I replied.

"Oh, so you broke up with her because she has no regard for your kid?" He asked. I hate it when he hits that hammer on the nail like that. I sighed again and thought about how I wanted to answer.

"Yeah" I said quietly with sadness in my voice. He didn't move to look at me or talk, but he grabbed my hand which made me flinch a little. My hand is so close to my wrist, he could've found my cuts. I know he noticed, but he knows my breaking point and didn't ask. Once again, I fell asleep, this time, next to Alex.