Chapter 7

Arizonas pov

I know she saw it, and quite frankly, I didn't care. Sofia was with me for that school year anyway so it didn't matter on that end. The only real difference is that I knew I wasn't going to get rid of her easily, so I told her to take the spare bedroom so she could protest me and my living style somewhere else out of my main space. She left me the day after she slept with me. She made me think we were okay, and then left. It hurt, the ache in my heart never subsided, just became less difficult to live with. She created this.

As much as I wanted to hate her in the moment, something about being next to her still made my heart sing. She's her. She's who I love. She's my everything, except she's not mine.

A knot formed in my stomach as I realized how poorly I treated her, and I decided we should have a dinner alone to talk things out, so I called April. Lucky for me, she answered on the first ring.

"Zonaaaaa" she sung into the phone happily.

"Hey April, Sofia actually came home today, but I need to talk to Callie alone. Do you think Sofia could stay with you guys tonight?" I asked.

"Of course Arizona! Harriet is going to be thrilled. I'll pick her up at 4:30, and if you need to talk about Callie I'm always here" April responded.

"Awww, thanks April, I'll see you when you pick her up." I reply. Then, we both hung up.

I walked to the spare bedroom and knocked lightly while pushing open the cracked door. She was almost done unpacking her bag. When she saw me, she stopped and sat on the bed.

"Hey" she said softly.

"Hey Calliope, uhm, I just wanted to let you know that I made a sleepover for Sofia tonight at Aprils so we can talk." I said. She smiled a little, but she looked upset. Hope filled her eyes, though.

Softly, she said, " That sounds nice Arizona."

Then, I turned around and left the room. I began to walk down the hallway, but just a couple feet away from the spare bedroom Callie called my name again.

"Yeah, Callie?" I asked when I got into the room.

"I still care, you know" she said with a small smile and soft eyes.

"I know" I said back with a small smile. I stood there and we stared at each other  lovingly for about a minute. I had to contain myself. When she said she still cares my heart skipped a beat and was overtaken by joy.

Then, I turned around and left. I felt a new bounce in my step that I hadn't felt since Callie and I split, until I remembered my demons. They were telling me so many different things.

On one side, I wanted to cut because of Jennifer. On another side, I wanted to curl up in a ball in my bed and cry because I was not looking forward to facing my problem like I knew Callie was planning to make me. On the other side though, I wanted to celebrate. Callie is the one for me, and we are made for each other, and she finally remembered it. If she stays, it'll be tough, but maybe, just maybe, we can try again, but this time, maybe, make it work.