pushed away

2 months later.

We are in her office, making out I walk her back to the desk, as I do that the door opens and I jump away.
"Hi, I'm sorry is this a bad time,"the lady asks.
"What are you doing here mom," maya says not looking happy like she was 5 minutes ago.
"Hi, lily grey nice to meet you Mrs Bishop," I say shaking her hand.
"I left your father, maya he was abusive," she says sitting down in the chair next to me where maya is in hers.
"He never hit us," she says.
"The making you walk home 20 miles from a track meet for not coming first is abuse the throwing water over you so you get up is abuse, the throwing plates at the wall is abuse," her mom says, I'm just here.
"He never hit me,"she says.
"There are different types of abuse maya, there's..." an she cuts me off.
"Don't you have work," she says harshly.
"Lovely meeting you," I say as I leave in not such a great mood.

Mayas pov.

My mom arrives at the office and telling me my dad is abusive no he's  not she is wrong, but I probably shouldn't have spoken to my girlfriend that way. She has a key to my apartment now, hopefully she will be there when I get back. My mom suggested I go to a therapy thing with her but I shut the idea down.

Lily's pov

I arrive at work in a really bad mood,why did she say it like that. I'm a doctor I do know what I'm on about.
"Woah what's got you in a mood," amelia says as we walk down to the er for a major trauma.
"Nothing, ok leave it alone," I say not in the mood to talk about my personal life with my sister plus I'm not even out to her yet.
" Oh my god lily are you using again," she says, honestly that hurt.
"What the hell no I'm not using again, do you know how hard I worked to fix myself," I say now more annoyed before.
"Are you lying to me," she say stopping in the middle of the hallway.
"Look at my eyes, do I look high, no, no I'm not using amelia, but I am going over to my friends, tell the chief I wasn't feeling well," I say taking my jacket of and heading to the attendings room to get changed. I leave my scrubs in my cubby and I head to mayas apartment, she gave me a key a couple of weeks ago so I just let myself in.

I fell asleep in her room, well that was until I heard the turning of the lock. It startles me awake, so I'm now sat on her bed in lounge pants, and a sports bra.
"Babe," she yells.
  "Hey," I say coming out and wrapping my arms around her waist from behind.
"I'm sorry," she says making me happier.
"Don't worry about it," I mumble into her ear.
"Come on let's watch a film," she suggests leading me to the sofa, I lay down and she lays with her head o  my chest facing the TV. We watch point break, and she falls asleep, I carry her to her room and lay upon the covers, it's  pretty hot right now.

"Maya, there are multiple kids of abuse, mental, physical and many more," I say as we were in the middle of an argument.
"He never hit me,"she yells.
"Yeh, my dad did, but he aslo caused mental damage," I yell back.
"Get out," she says.
"No maya, I will not get out, that's not a good decision," I say putting my hand on her arm.
"Then I need to leave, I need to run don't wait for me," she say leaving the apartment.
I'm not going to leave, I thought about it but I'm not going to.

Maya's pov.

I get to the station and start to work out in the gym. After I'm finished I go into my office where Jack comes in.
" what are you still doing here," he asks me.
"Just catching up on some work," I respond.
" I don't know if you've heard but Warren and avery were held up in the prt l, avery got shot,"Jack says sounding distressed.
" is he okay," I question, concerned.
" yeh, yeh, everyone's just a bit shaken up," he says voice dull.
"Thank you for notifying me," I say shutting the file on my desk.
"Have you talked to Andy I'm worried about her,"he asks rubbing his ghands together
"Jesus what a Suprise the men in andys life are worried about her, she is grieving her father, let her do that however she needs to," I say putting one file away and getting another one out.
"She married a battalion cheif after a few weeks of dating you don't think that's a little bit concerning," he says making hand gestures as he talks.
"I think that Andy is a grown woman who can make her own decisions andy has made that very clear lieutenant," I say not in the mood for this, he shuts the door as he steps further in.
"We are andys closest friends maya,you and me," he mutters.
" and as her friends we should give her some space, not everyone needs therapy Jack," I say already regretting it.
"Wow..... see I told you that in confidence, as my captain, and your just going to throw it back in my face," he say looking hurt.
"Sorry, that wasn't about you..... lily keeps trying to get me to admit to something that isn't true and I'm sick of it, you know my father," I say getting cut off.
" Is a real prick,"he says making me mad.
" you don't even know what your talking about you don't even know me," I respond.
"No you know I do ,and you hate it,because anyonewho knows the real maya is a threat" he says its true and I do hate it but I shall not admit it.
"Get out," I say.
" Right because here come a maya freeze out, you know does lily know it's coming yet or are you going to blind sight her like you did me,"he says as I make my way to the door.
" get the hell out of my office," I say stood by the door eyes forward.
"Way to prove my point, your broken maya," he says, really, no I'm not.
"Oh the Foster boy without a daddy is calling me broken," I respond.
"Well I'd rather have no daddy than have yours," he quickly fires back.
"Dont you dare talk about my father or I will," I say.
"You'll what," he responds
"Or I will burry you," I say shoving him.
" yeh threats of violence, that checks out," he says.i grab him by the collar and pull him in kissing him, I wrap my legs around his waist as he carries me into my bunk.
1 hour later we are sat fully under the covers realising what we have just done.
" so....," he says.
" Yeah," I my response," guess I am broken," I continue.
" I guess we both are," he says quietly.

I arrive home, hoping lily has left, I look down the end of the hall seeing her still sat there, teary eyed.
"I thought you left," I say hanging my jacket up.
" I almost did but then I thought,you might need someone," she says still sat at the end of the hallway.
"I dont need anything except space," I respond to her quite coldly.
"I can see that your pushing me away, and I want to give you space but," I cut her off before she can finish.
" so give me space," I say, why am I trying to end the only good thing going on right now.
"I understand that you are  going through alot, and I'm trying not to be mad at you but," I cut her off again.
"Well I just slept with Jack, an hour ago, so be mad at that," I say going into my room. Knowing I have just lost one of the people I care about most.

Lily's pov

Those last words before she went into her room, that hurt, that ended it, she might not have wanted to but it did, I toss the key she gave me at her door and leave out of the front slamming it behind me, not looking back.

baby greyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें