Ch: 1 First Day Prepping

Hazel's POV
"Hazel time to get up its your first day of school! Hazel!"

I groan and slowly open my eyes.

"I'm up okay! Be down in a minute!"

I walk into the bathroom and start to prep myself. I look into the mirror only to find this sad loner girl who's afraid of her own shadows.

I have platinum blonde hair that goes to the middle of my back. My hair doesn't like to curl though. Its as straight as a pin. My eyes are hazel which might be the reason for my name I honestly don't know. My eyes like to play this game of turning either green, blue. or sometimes both. Weird huh? Or do everybody's eyes do that?

Anyways, what else to tell about myself. Hmm. Ooh I know. I have the powers of ice. You're probably thinking haha she's like Elsa. No! Please don't refer me to her it's extremely irritating. Don't get me wrong, Frozen is a great kids movie. It just gets annoying after a while. I can't make snowman come to life or make dresses with my powers. Okay maybe I can do the dress thing, but it's more of an outfit that appears when I'm going into battle with my powers. Plus these powers can sometimes be a curse.

Okay maybe I am like Elsa. Dang it NOOO!!! Haha I'm so dramatic. On with the curse thing. My best friends name is Jack Frost. I know Jack Frost soo cool right. Umm not exactly. You see he tends to leave like all the time because of his ice powers. Unlike mine, he can't control what he freezes. If he stays somewhere too long, everything surrounding him freezes.

Soo basically, he never stays around and for that I loose my best friend. I'm trying to find a cure that can make it possible for him to be able to unfreeze everything he's frozen. So far, nothing.

"HAZEL!"Oops got carried away talking. Sorry about that. I yell back to my mom,

"Coming down now!"

I quickly brush through my hair making sure it looks slightly good. When I'm satisfied with that, I brush through my teeth eliminating my horrible bad breath. Rushing out of the bathroom, I pick out a cute light blue top with navy shorts and get changed. I grab my backpack and storm down the stairs and flash a guilty smile to my mom.

My moms name is Breeze and she also has ice powers like the rest of my family. She shakes her head at me and says,

"You still haven't eaten breakfast or packed a lunch. Are you already going to be late on your first day of school."

I smile and say,

"Oopsy?"

She groans and hands me the packed lunch she already packed. Then she points at the table where some premade pancakes are sitting at the table waiting.

"Yay Pancakes!! Mom you're an amazing women!"

She rolls her eyes and says,

"Ya ya just eat."

I sit at the table and look across from me to see my brother eating lucky charms with a bit of a milk mustache already on his face. Rolling my eyes mumbling,
"Weirdo."

I start eating my yummy fluffy pancakes. Blake looks at me confused.

"Weirdo? What did I do now?"

I take out my compact mirror from my backpack and show him his "beautiful face". Note the sarcasm. He gasps and wipes the milk off his face with a napkin as I burst out laughing.

"I wonder what Lily's reaction would be if she saw you this morning with your adorkable little mustache.

Lily is my brothers girlfriend. She is a beautiful mermaid that is a vegetarian. Don't worry she only turns into a mermaid in the water. Kinda like Serena in the Pirates of the Caribbean. She also has water powers on land. Pretty cool.right. I guess you could say that having powers around here is kind of natural.

As I'm eating my pancakes, Blake brings up the one question I dread most.

"You ready for the day?"

I give him a fake smile with a voice of sarcasm,

"Of course I'm ready! Why wouldn't I be ready to be the target for bullies and the laughing stock of the century."

My mother looks at me with eyes of sympathy.

"Sweetie."

I shoot out of my chair as I feel the tears begin to grow in my eyes. Before any of them say anything else, I head out the door to go to the most torturous place of all time. School.

Heyyy guys this is my first story and I'm super nervous to publish. Please give me your honest opinion on what you think of this first chapter. Thanks for reading and I hope you liked it:)))