Part 4.

For the most part of his life, Namjoon had always thought he was a gentleman

For the most part of his life, Namjoon had always thought he was a gentleman. What his parents always taught him to be, demanded him to be, trained him to be. A gentleman, a filial son, future doting husband and family man (even if it would mean playing for a charade, surprise surprise), a highly capable heir of the business.
He should be perfect, because flaw was only for the commoner, not the prince of the empire.

Through his adolescence , he would hear scattered conversation about how the Park's daughter was so pretty and highly suitable to be a perfect future wife, the Kim's youngest daughter was excelled in piano, arts, and ggotggozi, or the eldest daughter of Sanyang Corporation was finally back from her study in America, ready to take the position that her father held in their consumer goods factory.
All the women that his parents thought would match him as the heir of Kim's corporation.
And he accepted the responsibility without complaint, knowing that in all honesty, he couldn't really picture himself to fall in love with particular person. Not when he had his mother as a role model for a wife. Might as well made his parents happy and content with their choice.

An idea he always believed until the day he met you at his company.
When he finally realized that all the well laid plan for his future wasn't the death sentence after all.

He was twenty eight, and you were twenty four. You were young, beautiful, the smart secretary to director that strove to do your best, always working beyond expectation, set the bar even higher.
His love for you bloomed over time, watching as he got familiar with your captivating personality, but it wasn't until a few months later when he finally realized that he was completely smitten, head over heels for you.
He fell in love with you.
And he fell hard.
To the point that he was ready to face the consequences in going against his parents' wish.

When he declared his relationship to his parents, they ,-especially his father -was livid, not surprising. Because their picture of ideal daughter in law was broken to pieces. Because you didn't come from a rich family, nothing to benefit his family and their business.

But Namjoon had proved himself that he was more than capable to lead and expand the company even without an affluent wife to support his back.
So his parents gave him their blessing in the end, albeit half compelled. Not fully supported, yet they didn't further oppose the idea. Eventhough his father stopped talking to him after he broke the news of his engagement.

When he proposed and you accepted, it was a dream came true for him to marry the woman that he loved, instead of someone his parents arranged for him.

Until fate made him realized, there wasn't exactly a perfect life nor true happiness in reality.

It was just a few months before his wedding that his life took the wrong turn.
He went for karaoke night with the board of director, downing glass after glass of alcohol to numb the pain after he stormed out from your apartment. It was almost a break up for him, as you didn't pick up his call, and after three attempts, his ego took over and the cold war stretched longer.