Part 2.

"I personally think love is always overrated

"I personally think love is always overrated."

Jin used his chopstick to put some garlic on the grill, then stirred two kind of sauces for dipping in a small bowl.
You stared at him with the most impassive look you could muster, bracing yourself for another lecture.

He had never agreed of you to be with Namjoon, and seemed like he made it his forever mission to make you see his point no matter what.

"People say that you can't live without love, love is the thing that put relationship together, love is the key to happy marriage. I beg to differ. So many times they mistaken love with another feeling."

Jin was your regular companion during Namjoon's absence on your weekend, and you would spend your time at his apartment, enjoying his cooking or watching movie together. As long as he didn't have a woman or man to stay over the night.

"They always try to justify the reason they stay in a relationship as being in love. While for me, it's more of lust, obligation, or friendship, instead. You know, as in -friend with benefits?"

He flipped the sliced pork on the grill, before lifted it up and put it on your plate. It was samgyeopsal night, one of Jin's expertise. You were practically just sitting down, watching him did all the grilling and wrapping for you with admirable speed. You only had to dip it in gochujang after that.

"You are just too sceptical. Love does exist, you know. You just need to believe in it."

He shook his head stubbornly.
"I still can give you a mind blowing orgasm without you having to love me, you know?"

You gave him a heated glare.
"That's not the point here, Jin."

"I know. But you see, what I'm trying to tell you is, you don't need love just to live happily. Sex can give you happiness. Friendship too. You don't need to stay in this relationship just because you think you love him."

"I do love him."
You almost poked him with your chopstick. He could be so insisting and this side of him was difficult to stop.

You knew Jin since both of you were still in college, but the Cupid probably missed his aim when he shot that gold tipped arrows, that no matter how close you were with him, somehow both of you never crossed that platonic friendship line.
Which it certainly worked on your favor in this case. It was hard to imagine Jin to settle down and give up his philandering lifestyle.

"Babe, why don't you sleep with me just once and I'll show you that you don't need him to feel happy with your life."

You smacked his shoulder while throwing another glare his way.

"I don't want to be one of those women that you forget the name once your morning alarm goes off."

"I will always remember your name, silly. I'm just giving you options. It's not healthy Y/N, you know that. Your relationship with Namjoon won't bring you any good."

"Can we just move on from this? I don't want to waste this food by talking about him with you. I'm losing my appetite here."

He handed you another shot of soju and a sliced pork wrapped in lettuce, his eyes were still admonishing.

"Do you know what is the worst feeling that often justified as love in a relationship?"

He put down his chopstick before looked at you in the eyes.

"Loneliness."