Surface Of The Water

Ayanokouji POV

It was now Friday, I've spent the past few days socializing with most of the class, it was tiring. Who knew girls could go hours looking at clothes and not buy anything, never have I heard such a misleading term such as 'window shopping', but I guess it wasn't all that bad, some of the guys did invite me into their gaming sessions, while it was a different device from what Eichiro and I used, it was still pretty fun. The shallow part aside, I also saw some disparities in the stories told by the class and what I've been able to observe, the biggest one being the so-called leader of the girls, Karuizawa, but I'll leave that for later. I also noticed Horikita frequently looking at me these past few days, her cold stare was quite terrifying.

When I entered the class today I was greeted left and right, I tried my best to greet back as I walked to my seat.

"Morning dude."

"Good morning."

Is it just me or is Okitani happier today? Scratch that, most of the guys are, but before I could ask him about it, he proceeded to have quite a happy conversation with the other boys in class.

"These guys... they can't even be subtle about it."

"Honestly you should be used to it by now Kayano, it happens every time.~"

Used to what? From the expression Onodera was making, she is quite irritated by this, meanwhile Ichihashi seems carefree about it.

"What about you Ayanokouji-kun? Are you excited as well?"

Matsushita, a member of the group that taught me shopping could be a valid training regimen for that place, suddenly approached my seat while asking questions.

"I haven't swam for a while now, but I'm not really looking forward to it. I did hear the school pool is quite big, so I'm curious about it."

Ichihashi and Matsushita giggled at my response, at the same time Onodera sighed in relief.

"I don't think you get it Leader-kun!"

"At least you're different...that said...Are you a good swimmer Ayanokouji-kun?!"

Onodera quickly shifted gears midway, going from relieved to excitement fast.

"I would say I'm not bad at it."

"Eeh, can't you like give a straight answer?"

"I guess we'll just see later, won't we Leader-kun?"

"Yeah, as I said I haven't swam recently, so I don't know if I'm still in form."

A lie, but it worked to sate Onodera's curiosity for now, I can't say the same for Matsushita though, she looks like she still wants to ask a question, but stopped herself. I just hope Onodera won't get offended later.

*******************************

Now in the locker room, we were tasked to change into our school-issued swimwear, I would love to wear a rash guard though, sadly I haven't prepared one nor confirmed if its allowed. I also was able to confirm what made my classmates excited, they were openly talking about it in the locker room while changing.

"Dude we get to see the girls in swimsuits again!"

"Can't wait to see Kushida-chan again!"

"You think some of the girls would still skip?"