One Hell of An Intro

Ayanokouji POV

"WHAT?!"

My new classmates sudden outburst lets me know that they find my declaration to lead the class outrageous or at the very least surprising, I hope its the latter, getting labeled 'outrageous', 'delusional' or 'crazy' wasn't something I wanted to achieve on the first day of my supposedly normal school life. Even the guy seated in front who looked so depressed earlier started to give me his attention. I mentally sighed, maybe it was a bad idea to declare my intentions with my introduction, maybe I really should've asked Matsuo for my introduction.

As I was busy collecting my thoughts on the blunder I made, a hand shot straight to the air from the back of the class, it seems a black-haired girl who wore a cold look on her beautiful face had a question.

"What is it Horikita?"

Sensei quickly addressed her, seems like her name is Horikita. Upon hearing sensei address her, Horikita quickly stood up and locked her gaze on me.

"Seeing that you want to lead this class, does that mean you are aware of the class competitions?"

Apparently the question was for me. I nodded.

"Yes, since I transferred in the middle of the school year the school has explained to me the s-system and school competitions."

The class has been listening to the conversation ever since sensei addressed Horikita, but that wasn't a problem the problem is whatever I said seemed to anger or at least annoyed Horikita judging by the glare she was now giving me.

"Then you should know that I can't just trust you with leadership, especially since you're in class D, the class of defectives."

Horikita told me, venom lacing her words as she mentioned the class. The class lowered their heads in shame upon hearing Horikita's stern disapproval of my leadership. From the mixed reactions I could see from the class, most of them have already accepted being labeled as 'defective'.

"Horikita-san...isn't that a bit too harsh...he just got here..."

"Kushida I won't stand idle when someone thinks he could lead this class, especially me, when he's just a defective student."

The cute brown-haired girl named Kushida was quickly shut down by Horikita's sharp tongue. Kushida sat back down with a worried look on her face, it seems she doesn't find what Horikita said to be nice, but couldn't really counter her words that are from a logical stand point, well at least from the evidence they are presented at least. I mentally thanked Kushida for trying to defend me though.

"Ah. That reminds me of my second announcement."

Sensei suddenly spoke, taking all the attention from Horikita and me, the smirk on her face turned into a grin, it looks like she had a plan that was going smoothly. Sensei then started clapping her hands earning confused looks from her students.

"Congratulations Ayanokouji for being the first ever student of ANHS to get a perfect score on every test of the entrance exams."

Apparently her plan was to announce my test results to the class.

"Huh?"

"On every exam?..."

"Isn't that amazing then?!?.."

Murmurs of my results suddenly circulated in the class.

"Did he take the same test we did for our entrance exams?!"

A brown-haired bespectacled boy at the back suddenly questioned sensei as he stood up. Disbelief clearly written on his face.

"Of course it was the same, would you like to see his test papers? You might find some of his answers to be quite advance."