The Transferee

It was the Monday after their summer vacation yet no one seemed to have enjoyed it. This was the situation of class 1-D was in, they have not made any progress towards climbing up the class hierarchy, rather if points could go beyond zero they would be having negative class points at the moment. 

Class 1-D, the class labeled to be filled with 40 defective students, now only had 33 students inhabiting it, losing 6 students to the first mid term exam and 1 other student to the schemes of a different class. But it that wasn't the only lose class 1-D had occurred, after the expulsion of their first mid term exam, also came with the lost of the spirit of their so-called leader, Hirata. Some did try to take up the mantle, but no one could unite the class like him and failed in the end, evident in their recent loses on the special exams. 

It was still morning, homeroom hasn't started, yet silence enveloped the class, that was until the door opened to their class and their teacher entering the class, going straight to the front desk in class. Everyone immediately gave her their attention, but was surprised the moment they saw their teacher's face. 

For the second time in their whole stay at ANHS they saw something other than a frown on their teacher's face, a smirk. 

"Now listen up, I have some special announcement for you guys."

It changed the class' surprise with confusion, making one of them raising their hands.

" What is it Kushida?"

"A-ano Chabashira sensei, is this another special exam?.." 

Eyes started to widen, as fear and nervousness creeped into the students' mind after hearing Kushida mention 'special exams' in a nervous manner.

"No, this is a different matter." 

Chabashira answered right away, never losing the smirk she had when she entered the class. Sighs of relief were released at the confirmation that their wasn't a special exam just yet. 

"For the first time in ANHS history, we will be having a transfer student." 

Eyes begin to widen in wonder, even Koenji started to pay attention to his teacher's words.

"And luckily he will be transferring to this class today." 

That made the current students of the class murmur their own opinions about the news.

"Today?..."

"So its a boy?"

"Is he waiting outside right now?" 

People began to be more curious at the somewhat good news.

"Quiet now. " 

The class instantly stopped talking, some more curious and some more logical the others.

" To transfer to this school.... I think its unheard of, especially considering that the class competitions have already started..."

" First time in the school's history?...Then isn't this a bigger thing than sensei is making it appear as?...This is rather suspicious..." 

Chabashira looked around the room seeing the different expressions on each of her students face. Her smirk returned.

"Come inside now and introduce yourself. "

The students gaze quickly shifted from their teacher to the front door as it slid open. The transferee made his way inside and walked until he was beside Chabashira. Most of the class' curiosity only grew as their supposedly new classmate stood beside their teacher with an apathic face as he faced the whole class.

 " I'm not really good with introductions, so I'd like to keep this short. "

The moment he started speaking the class was taken aback. He did not only have an apathic face, but also spoke in a monotone way.

" My name is Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, my hobbies would be reading and more recently cooking."

Some of the girls smiled upon hearing his hobbies, certainly a guy who could cook was a rare find.

"Lastly I would like to lead this class."

.

.

.

"WHAT?"