15

"Shit, Drei, what am I gonna do?" I suddenly panicked with the thought of seeing Maine again.

"RJ, chill, napaghahalataan ka nyan." Drei drank his drink to hide a playful smirk which I badly wanted to wipe off of his face. "She's coming in our direction."

"What? No. No, don't let her come near us-"

"Just kidding, man." He laughed hard. God, I almost poured his sakura drink on his head.

"RJ, what's the matter? Hindi ka naman kakainin ni Maine." Ayi chuckled.

"Kahit na. Pag-untugin ko kayong mag-asawa dyan. Kanina pa kayo ah."

"Dude, look, Arge is now flirting with Maine," Drei tried to annoy me once again.

I shook my head. No, I won't get myself fooled with this man.

"RJ, Maine gave him a card. Maybe her number is there. Tsk tsk."

I did breathing exercises, calming myself. I was fighting the urge to punch this man in front of me and look at Arge, Drei and Ayi's waiter, flirting with Maine.

"Ah, RJ, 'yung baso namin baka mabasag."

"Oh, sorry." I didn't realize I was gripping the glass tightly.

"Love, RJ imagines the glass is Arge," Drei whispered to his wife but I could still hear him.

"Shut up, Drei. I'm gonna throw this glass to you."

"Throw that to Arge instead," he suggested, which was a good one.

"Stop, you two. They're going to us. RJ, calm your tits," mom, I mean, Ayi scolded us.

Shit. Calm down, RJ. Do breathing exercises again. Shit. Shit. I could feel Maine's presence behind me, causing my hair follicles to freak out and stand up. I could smell her scent, it was like a drug to me.

"Excuse me, Sir Drei, Ms. Maine here wants to talk with you," Arge uttered politely.

"Hey, Maine, sure. What's it all about?" Drei stood up and offered a hand to Maine which she shook with hers.

"Um, can we talk in private if it's okay with you?" She asked for permission, looking shy at Ayi.

"No problem, Maine, you may talk in the office."

"Thank you... Mrs. Lopez. You are Mrs. Lopez, right?"

Maine, you are so adorable. I want to pinch your cheeks.

"Yes, I'm Mrs. Lopez, but please call me Ayi. Everyone calls me that, right RJ? RJ? Right RJ?!"

"Huh? You calling my name?"

Fudge. I didn't notice I'm looking at Maine for quite some time.

"Dude, you're so obvious," Drei teased. "Wait, you're drooling." He then wiped my mouth with a tissue.

"RJ, what happened to your ears?" Ayi asked. I immediately covered them with my hands.

"Love, that's normal. His ears usually turn red whenever he–"

"Enough with the teasing. Drei, don't let Maine wait. Kanina pa siya nakatayo," I scolded the couple.

"Maine, I'm sorry, here take my seat."

"Yieeeeee," Ayi teased again.

"Uh, no, it's okay, I'm fine," she refused politely. Ouch.

"Pain, RJ, pain." I glared an eye on Drei. I mouthed a curse to him, making him laugh.

"Ehem," Arge cleared his throat. Nandito pa pala 'tong bwisit na 'to.

I took that chance to bid goodbye to the couple. "I have to go, I still have other errands to do. Thank you for today, Drei, Ayi. Nice to meet you, Maine."