10

She left me standing on the ground. I did not run after her. I was about to but I did not. I can't explain it to her especially if she's blinded and deafened by her own thoughts. She was raging mad when she left. And it was all because of me. Or that fucking clutch bag. It's true that she forgot her bag when we were at the Aviary. The Aviary. Not here at Rosario's but at Aviary. We met there first before the phone call and the meet up. We've been there so many times already. I'm confused with the way she acted like we had never met before. She acted like we just met earlier. She even forgot my name. She looked at me like it's the first time she saw me. What is happening with her?

I sighed and shook those thoughts out of my head. I have a lot of things to think about right now. Restaurant, house, Mommy, and... our debt to Mrs. Alvarez. Maine was right. I'm such a liar. I lied that I already paid our debt. I wanted to but I couldn't. I don't have enough money for that. I went to Mrs. Alvarez and tried to fix things up. I asked for an extension but she was adamant. She even threatened me that if we did not pay in a month, we were gonna be sued. God, I tried to use my charm with her and it was a miracle because it had no effect. How will I fix these now?! I could just pull my hair out in frustration.

"Sir, bakit ikaw 'di pa nagtatrabaho? Ano, kami-kami lang lagi? Sir, ikaw ang nagpapasahod sa amin. Ano na lang kakainin ng mga pamilya namin kapag hindi ka nagtrabaho at wala kang nabigay sa amin? Sir, naman! Aray!" Mae, our restaurant host, interrupted my musings and started to spit nonsense so Alee, our manager, hit her neck. Just what she needs.

"Aray ko naman, 'te! Bakit ka ba nambabatok?"

"Kung anu-ano na naman kasing kalokohan pinagsasabi mo. Manahimik ka na nga at magtrabaho. Iniistorbo mo pa si Sir." Alee scolded Mae like a mother. She turned to me and said, "Pero oo nga 'no, Sir. Bakit ka nakatayo dyan at tulala na parang timang? Pumunta ka nang office."

"Paano kaya kung hindi ko kayo bigyan ng sahod ngayon at sa susunod na buwan?"

Their eyes widened. "Joke lang naman, Sir. Ikaw naman hindi mabiro." Alee chuckled nervously.

"Hahaha si Sir RJ, oh, marunong na magjoke. I'm proud of you, Sir!" Mae clapped her hands and laughed.

"Sige, pumunta kayo sa office ko mamaya." They gave me a frown. "Dalhin niyo resignation letters niyo." I turned my back to them and went straight to the office. I heard them shout 'sorry' and 'joke' but I just ignored them.

The moment I went into my office, I immediately sat down on my office chair and got my pen to click the top and play with it. I dialed Maine's number but she's not answering. I couldn't help but to massage my temple with what's happening in my life. It's stressing me out. I stood up and went to my bedroom. Well, the restaurant is our house also. We really live in Laguna, we just moved out to stay here in Bulacan, where Rosario's was built. Mom wanted the restaurant to be placed here because she said Bulacan is special. It is. This was where Mom and Dad met. Riza was born here. Our family bloomed here. Rosario's grew here. Mom and Dad became friends with the Mendozas here. And I met her here.

I packed my things and got in the car. I drove on the way to my comfort place. There's a house here in the Aviary where I usually stay. This is our- my house. I went inside and was met by Yaya Virgie.

"Hi, Yaya!" I gave her a tight hug.

She slap my arm, "Ricardo, bitawan mo nga ako. Hindi ako makahinga."

"Sorry, Yaya Vi. Namiss lang talaga kita ng sobra." I gave her a cute smile.

"Ako ba ang namiss o si-"

"Tisoy!" I saw my son and I ran after him.

"Sabi na nga ba siya talaga ang pinunta mo rito." Yaya Virgie laughed. "Namiss ka rin niyan."