Chapter 19: Attacked On Coner Alley

"You are enough. A thousand times enough."

——

A frown settled on my lips as I neared the quiet, isolated alley way in the opposite side of my university. The corner alley was what everyone at campus called it, the alley way where all the dangerous crimes and dealings happened.

"Damien." I called out as I entered the fogged alley way, I was unable to see anything clearly with the foggy weather. I clutched my jacket closer to my chest the further I walked in, my instinct telling me to turn around and run.

I grabbed my phone from my jacket pocket, opening Damien's contact up and sending him a message.

'I'm at the corner alley...where are you?'

After I had sent the message was when I realised that Damien had changed his number but before I could message the other number I caught a glimpse of a figure in the far end of the alley.

Stupid Damien. This better be important.

"If this is one of your sick games, cut it out. I have to go back to campus." I yelled out as I walked closer, just then my phone binged looking down I narrowed my eyes reading Damien's name. Why would he be messaging me from his old number if he's in front of me? I opened the messages in curiosity.

'What do you mean? What corner Alley? I did not tell you to come there?' My eyes widened reading the message I snapped my head up as the figure came in clear view, he wore a mask this outfit covered in black. His hands were tucked behind his back.

"Surprise." Was all he said as he lunged towards me making me let out a scream and stumble back in attempt to run only to trip and fall to the ground.
"Let me go." I yelled as I pushed myself further away from him, or who ever it was. An evil laugh escaped his lips sending goosebumps all around my body.

My phone rang, but I did not bother to look. I needed to escape. I got up turning around to run when a fist clenched onto my hair, making me let out a cry in pain.
"Shh, don't make this harder than it is. I will make this quick. So sad, such a beautiful girl having to die this way." He muttered into my ears, another sob escaped my lips as I continued to struggle but froze when I felt something cold and sharp on my neck.

"Please, let me go." I cried out but he just pressed the knife more into my neck. I looked around wanting to escape when I elbowed him in the stomach making him step back and I grabbed ahold of myself and ran. I could hear him cursing and footsteps behind me, I had to escape.

"Help." I screamed out loud as I continued to run down the alley way in hopes someone would come to rescue me.
"Ahh." I screamed in pain, when the man dressed in black with a mask grabbed ahold of my ankle sending me flying to the ground.

"You've been a naughty girl, Kelsey. You need to be punished." He said as he held up a knife and lunged towards me with it, I shut my eyes waiting for the pain but when it never came I opened my eyes watching the man being slammed to the ground with Damien on top of him repeatedly punching him.

I pushed my self to the wall of the alley way, hugging my knees to my chest. I watched as the man punch Damien making him fall back, the man took that as his opportunity to get up and try to run but Damien grabbed his ankle dropping him to the floor and get on top of him. Damien and the man struggled to get the knife, when the knife plunged into the arms of the man in the mask, he kneed Damien in the crouch before pushing him off and running away into the fog.

Damien stood up to chase the man but stopped when his eyes fell on me, I got up and ran into his arms sobbing as he held me tightly to his chest.
"Shhh, it's okay I am here." He whispered comfortingly, if Damien had not been here in time I would probably be dead.

"H-He was going to kill me." I cried into his shirt, drenching it in my tears but he did not seem to care as he continued to stroke my hair.
"Look at me, Kelsey." I pulled away looking into his eyes.
"I will find who ever it was and I will make him pay for it." He promised, I nodded my head hugging him. I had never felt death so close to me, the mask man's words ran into my head, his whispers into my ear the goosebumps all over my body.

"Take me home." I whispered, I gasped when Damien lifted me up bridal style. My head buried into his chest as he began to walk out of the alley way. Reaching Damien's black Tesla, he placed me on the passenger seat whilst he got into the drivers. The drive to his house was quiet, my head leaning against the window whilst staring into nothing.

I had not realised we had reached home until the car came to a halt, my eyes snapped to Damien who walked around the car to my side and opened the door, he unbuckled my seat belt before lifting me into his arms he instructed the guards to close the door of his car and lock it before walking in side.

He placed me on the sofa and instructed a maid to grab me a glass of water.
"Drink this." He whispered bring the glass to my lips, I opened it and drag the water. It was then I realised how dry my throat was, I chugged the water down my throat and leaned back on to the sofa and Damien gave the glass to the maid sending her away.

"Why did you go to the corner Alley." He asked, making me snap my attention to him. A single tear rolled down my eyes as I continued to just stare at him.
"I-I thought it was you who messaged me."