Chapter 14: Make Me Forget

"Preserve your memories in the jar of art"

——

The sound of my heart beating fast, was all I could focus on as I stood outside the entrance of the De Luca banqueting hall, I could see just from the outside as every interior screamed riches and power. The De Luca family did not hold back, to make sure they let every know the money they held and the power they had over them.

My memory flashes back to the sound of gunshots I heard from Damien's phone, it frightened me to think what he may be involved in. I already knew he was a billionaire from the research I had done, but nothing else was mentioned about how he became this rich except the fact he had a chain of businesses.

"Let's go." Fathers deep, arrogant voice snapped me out of my thoughts as I tilted my head and look at him, he didn't bother to make eye contact instead looked straight in front of him. I had worn a beige glittery dress which held a sweep brush train, sleeveless sweetheart neckline tulle with pleats sequin.

My mothers beautiful diamond necklace rested on my neck, my hair tied into a bun with diamond earrings to match the necklace. In other words I looked like a princess with a slit going down my thighs.

I entangled my arms with my father as we walked inside, instantly greeted by the guard beside the door. My eyes darted to the ceiling which held long dangling diamond chandeliers. The interior was beautiful from the cream walls, with the band of instrumental band placing music through the violins.

My breath caught my throat as everyone parted, my eyes fell on the one man who seemed to be able to make me drop to my knees in front of him in pure lust. He wore a beige three piece tuxedo, his hair was professionally styled to the back.

He smirked as he approached me, keeping me frozen to my steps.

"May I have the first dance." I gasped when my hands were placed on his by my mother, the little Sparks that flew made me look into his eyes to see if he had felt what I had. But his eyes were blank, void of any emotions making it hard to understand him.

"You may." I accepted as he took me to the dance floor, where many other couples joined in. I gulped when I felt him press me against him, feeling his breath fanning on me. We moved to the beat, he held my palms twirling me around before pulling me back to him.

"I think this fake engagement is working, everyone seems to be believing it." He whispered into my ears, I felt his lips brushing against my ears as he spoke. I closed my eyes enjoying his body pressed against me.
"I think so too." I whispered back, before stepping away a little to leave space between us. He seemed to realise as a smirk appeared on his lips.

"You look gorgeous in this outfit." He said making me look into his eyes, I seemed frozen. He dragged me along with him on the dance floor.
"Who are you?" I asked making him arch his eyebrows at my question, I ignored his previous statement asking him the question which has been bothering me.

"I am whom ever you want me to be." He replied back, I let out a sigh knowing he was hiding the truth but I was hell bent in making him tell me.
"I heard gun shots." I gritted out, the smirk on his face did not once flatter as he twirled me around once again.

"You did, little mouse. It's better if you stay out of my life, you don't want to fall in something you are not prepared for." Was his reply, it only made me more curious to what he was hiding. It made me want to know more and it intrigued me.
"How would you know I am not prepared?" I asked curiously, he let out a small chuckle as he let go off me when the music stopped.

"Trust me little mouse, your not." With that he turned around and walked away, leaving me confused. I sighed deciding I needed a little fresh air, I began to make my way to the entrance when a women around the age of my mother stepped in front of me. She looked beautiful, held a warm smile. Her hair was in a bun, she had worn a black body knee length dress with a beautiful emerald diamond necklace.

"When I heard about you I was unsure if it was real or just a rumour spread by the media. But here you are, I must say you are beautiful." I gave the women a smile at her words still unsure who she was.
"I am sorry, do I know you?" I asked with narrowed eyebrows she gave me a little frown quickly replacing it with a low chuckle.

"I am sorry, I am Penelope De Luca. Damien's mother. My son seemed to have forgotten to mention he had a girlfriend or matter of fact he was getting engaged." I suddenly felt guilty looking at her, Damien did not once mention her and it only made me feel more guilty.

"I do apologies, everything happened so quickly that I am sure it slipped his mind." I tried to find an excuse for Damien but she seemed to know him better, she did not press on it more but gave me a small smile.
"I am happy Damien has moved forward from the past, it's been four years. Anyways I should get going, should not bring the past in such a beautiful occasion." I wanted to press more on what she was saying but she did not give me a chance and she walked away grabbing a glass of wine before joining a group of women.

I walked out of the banqueting hall and into the hallway, the lights were switched off the only source of light was coming from the full moon.

"This was supposed to be our engagement." I quickly turned away seeing a figure in the dark, it stepped forward making me finally see who it was. Connor Morning. What was he doing here?
"Excuse me." I said trying to walk away but he grabbed my arms pulling me back just like he had done on the ship, I stiffened at the memory fear creeping inside of me.

"I am so much better than him, Kelsey. Your mine." I struggled to push him away as he pressed my body on to him.
"Let me go, I do not want to scream and gather an audience leave me now." I gritted out only to make him chuckle, he slapped his lips onto mine making me struggle as I let out a scream only to be muffled by his lips. I cried as I felt him bit on to my lower lips.

I could taste the alcohol in his mouth.

I gasped when he was pulled away from me, and not long after Connor was on the ground unconscious. Damien stood in front of me, his palms fisted into a ball, his back facing me.

"Thank you." I whispered catching Damien's attention as he turned around to face me. I wrapped my arms around his waist as a low sob escaped from me.
"Make me forget this moment, please." I begged as I cried, I felt his palms grab ahold of my face as he brought me to face him before leaning in and kissing me. I closed my eyes, as I opened my mouth allowing him to slide his tongue into of me.