Chapter Four

Gorya arrives home after this stressful day. She couldn't even smile. She just walked past her family and straight to her room, she locked the door and cuddled up in her bed.

She pulled her phone out and started messaging Kaning.

Gorya
Kaning, can we talk.

Kaning
Of course, what's wrong?

Gorya
You know that red card I always tell you and Uncle Ga about?

Kaning
Yes..?

Gorya
Well, I may or may not have got one...

Kaning
WHAT? Are you okay? Did they hurt you?

Gorya
Well I haven't been lead to the stadium yet so I'm hoping it's over.

Kaning
Have they hurt you?

Gorya
I got dragged into a storage room and some boy started videoing me, others held me back, but I kicked him.

Kaning
What! Please Gorya, don't go to school tomorrow. I can't imagine what they would do...

Gorya
I have to, if I'm absent it can get me kicked out. This school means a lot to my family.

Kaning
Please Gorya, just come stay at the flower shop or something. You cant go back there!

Gorya
Don't worry about me, I'll be fine.

Kaning
Please just make sure you message me if anything happens!

Gorya
I'll be fine Kaning. Thank you though.

Kaning
No problem, I've got to help Uncle Ga close the shop, I will see you tomorrow. Bye!

Gorya
Okay bye!

Gorya put her phone down. She looked around, worried for the day ahead of her, until she heard a knock on her bedroom door. She listened closer and heard someone running away. Confusion took over her as she stood up and opened the door. She looked around until she seen a box beneath her.

Hesitantly, she leans down and grabbed the box, instantly closing the door and running over to her bed. She placed the box down and slowly took off the lid, her eyes squinted as she didn't know what to expect.

As the lid came off, the box revealed a new pair of shoes with a note saying 'we were going to give you them in person but you seem upset, so here you go. Love your mom, dad and brother!'

Gorya smiled at the note and put it to the side, looking at the shoes.

"So?" Gorya's dad said, startling her. Gorya turned around quickly until she realised it was her family stood at her bedroom door.

"Do you like them?" Her mom said. "Of course I do! Thank you" Gorya says. Her family cheers and runs over to her, hugging her.

"Here, let me write your name on it so you don't lose them" Glakao says, taking the shoes and writing on them.

Her mom and dad sit around her cheering until Glakao hands Gorya her shoe back, she looks at it and noticed that he drew two flowers on it.

"Aw thank you Glakao" Gorya says, messing his hair up.

Glakao got his phone out and started taking selfies with the shoe, everyone else jumped in and got the pictures with him. Laughs and smiles were let out during this beautiful moment.

Gifts like this were treasured by the family, due to their financial problems, they weren't able to afford gifts. So moments like these were golden to the family.