LIFE AND LEMONS

It's been 3 years, I finally made the jump and bought A club, and let me tell you it wasn't easy. But man was it fun, I've also started an event business and bought 2 houses, the last three years I've been extremely focused on work, Selena and I catch up twice a week and have become closer than we ever were. Trent and Teresa finally got engaged, she is doing really well, she's a successful real estate agent, she handles my rental property, Trent is still studying business, he has another 3 years before he completes his degree, but I've already signed him on as a business partner, Trent stayed in contact with Drake, apparently his doing really well, his been on the force for a little over 2 years, I hope his happy I just couldn't face him after everything that happened, I wanted him to have a fresh start.

I was walking down Main Street when my phone rang "hello?" "Hey Maria, it's Teresa" "oh hey what's up? Is the new tenant happy with the house?" "Yeah he definitely is, but i need you to come here ASAP, the plumber found something that needs your approval" oh god what now "I'll be there in 10" I hung up and went to my car, my beautiful grey Mercedes AMG, i hop in and drive down to my rental property. "Teresa?" No one seems to be here not even the new tenant , I take out my phone to call her "Maria?" I turn around and nearly collapse "Drake?" Drake runs down the stair case "what are you doing here? How are you?" His smiling so much I can't help but smile back "Teresa called me, something about a plumber? I'm good. How are you?" He chuckles "you own this house?" I nod "wow that's amazing, I'm doing well. Small world isn't it, I'm your new tenant" Teresa must have lied about the plumber "well I hope you like the place, I'm really glad you're doing well" I go to leave "hey wait" Drake sounds nervous "what's up?" He scratches the back of his neck "I don't suppose you'd want to have dinner sometime?" I smile "that'd be really nice"

DRAKE'S POV

She was even more stunning than I remember, if that's even possible. Trent and Teresa clearly planned this, I definitely have to thank them later. Maria left and I suddenly felt extremely hopeful. Maybe I'll finally have my shot.

~~~~~~SATURDAY NIGHT~~~~~~

I'm beyond nervous, I've changed my shirt 3 times "you got this" I tell my self, I finally leave my house and drive to the address Maria messaged me, I realised I didn't have her number so I spoke to Teresa about it and she happily gave me Maria's number. I pull up to a beautiful Spanish style house, I get out of the car and walk to the front door, I ring the doorbell and wait, about a minute later the door opens "wow you look, wow" Maria is standing in front of me it a emerald green dress "thank you, you look as handsome as always, come in" she stands aside and I walk in "so there's a restaurant down town I was thinking we could go there" she says putting her heels on "as long as I'm with you" I reply "alright let's go" she smiles at me, we walk to the car and I open her door, once I'm in I turn to her "I'm really glad you said yes" I turn the car on and start to drive, Maria gives me directions, we get the the restaurant "ah miss Sanchez, please follow me to your table" hmm Maria must be a regular here, we're seated at the best table in the house "wow this restaurant is amazing" I say looking around "yeah it's new but really good" she says as a waitress comes over with a very expensive bottle of Hennessy "thank you Carly" Maria say "wow you must be quite the customer here" she hadn't even ordered anything, she laughs "yeah you could say that, so how's the force treating you? Last I heard you were in California?" She says pouring our drinks "yeah it's good, I was stationed there but I've been transferred back here so I'm happy" I smile at her "that's good, we could use a bad ass cop like you around here" I can't help but laugh "what about you? I mean I know you own the house I'm living in, but what else do you do? Are you still working at Trax?" She smiles and shakes her head "I opened up my own club, and run an event business" wow she's really turned her life around "that's amazing M" she smiles "sorry Miss Sanchez, the chef just informed us that he needs to see you, something about a appliance emergency" the young waitress Carly says, why would Maria be needed in the kitchen, Maria smiles at Carly "sorry I have to attend to some business, unfortunately no time off for the boss" she gets up "wait you own this restaurant?" She smiles back at me and nods before taking off "you must be really special, she never brings anyone here, well except for Trent and Teresa. But she's never brought a man here" Carly says before taking off. Huh maybe she hasn't been dating, or maybe it's because this is a new restaurant... I don't know, a couple of minutes later Maria returns "sorry the chef wasn't here when they installed the new freezer, he wasn't sure how it worked" she chuckles lightly. Dinner was amazing, the food was perfect and being with Maria felt so right. I drove her home and walked her to her front door "thank you for tonight Drake" she says when we get to the front door "thank you, I'm really glad we got to go out" I kiss her on the cheek "would you like to come in?" She asks me as I'm turning to leave "uh yeah I would" I wasn't ready for this night to end.

MARIA'S POV

"No I swear it was maybe 4 months after graduation, Trent called me hysterical because he thought Teresa was leaving him" I'm on the couch with Drake telling him about one of the many nights I had to calm Trent down "he kept saying it's over she's done with me, then suddenly I hear his door slam I thought he was going out to do something stupid, but instead al I hear is him and Teresa making out, she was trying to surprise him. And let me tell you he was, because he dropped the phone and then they were going at it I hung up before I had to hear something I'd never be able to Unhear but the next day he messaged me and said not to ever tell anyone about the state he was in" Drakes cracking up "he is such a drama Queen, he called me once saying that he was sure I was dead because I hadn't answered my phone all day, he was actually crying" oh Trent my poor sweet over reacting Trent "god I missed you" Drake says staring at me "I tried to reach out over the years but I never had any luck, we're you mad at me?" His looking at me with sadness in his eyes, I sigh, place my hand on his "no I could never be mad at you, I just didn't want to hold you back, I was such a messed up kid. I always thought you deserved better" he brushes a strand of my hair behind my ear "there's nothing better than you" he says softly, I look into his eyes, I lean forward and kiss him, it's so soft and gentle, but the intensity grows, his tongue traces my bottom lip and I allow him access, he tastes so wonderfull like a sweet minty flavour, his lips are soft, I move closer to him, and straddle him, his hands cup my ass "god I missed you" he growls and he moves his mouth to my neck, my body feel like it's on fire but in the best way possible.

~~~~~~THE NEXT DAY~~~~~~

The first thing I notice when I wake up is a warm arm around me, Drake, the one I thought I could let go "morning beautiful" he says pressing a soft kiss on my bare shoulder "morning" I say softly, suddenly I'm bedroom door slams open "oh shit! Sorry guys" Teresa covers her eyes at the same time Trent says "about time, seriously guys" his just staring "get out!" I laugh yell, Teresa grabs Trent to drag him out "hurry up and get ready the two of you" he says winking at us as the door closes "oh god" I say Drake kisses me "shower?" He asks and I nod.