15 ~ Oxygen Poisons Memories [Angst]

Începe de la început

Are they?

Grian felt bad he was doubting the Hermits. They had accepted him as one of their own, but here he was...

Listening to the lies the Watchers said.

He needed a safe place to escape the Watchers and his former friends. And he got the best of the best in Hermitcraft.

But now he doubted it.

He couldn't even remember half of Evo because of the Watchers. What if they messed with his memory to get rid of the Hermits hurting him?

It wouldn't be beneath them.

He flinched as he felt a hand rest on his wing.

He's going to pull it he's going to pull it  h e ' s  g o i n g  t o  p u l l  i t -

Grian's eyes locked onto Stress's. Hazel met frantic blue. Stress said something, but in his panicking mind, he couldn't understand. Stress sat a few feet away smiling softly, and Grian didn't know how to respond.

Stress moved her hand closer, a small box cradled in her hand. Grian flinched and hid in the feathery blanket.

She just wants your guard down to hurt you.

He kept his wings tight around himself even as he felt the floor vibrate from footsteps.

Next was Etho.

Etho tapped the floor three times with his heel, making Grian look out at the Arctic Fox. Etho was the hardest to understand when he spoke, due to his mask, with Xisuma being impossible. Xisuma's mask actually covered his mouth and didn't move.

But...

They had ways to communicate...

Etho raised his hands but kept them close to his body, and began signing. "Hearing aids dead?"

Grian nodded hesitantly.

He was vulnerable.

Etho nodded and pointed to Stress before signing again. His mask moved at the same time he signed, so Grian could only guess he was speaking to Stress too.  "She has your spare hearing aids. She's gonna slid it to you, alright?"

Grian bit his lip and nodded. The small box hit his shoe and he hesitated before scooping it up. He quickly switched the hearing aids, and his hands reached for his ears. He slowly turned them on, letting any and all loud noises to fade in softly. It was mostly quiet, however.

Grian held his knees to his chest while he looked to the beautiful feathers. He really needed to preen them, but he couldn't reach certain parts. And while he loved the Hermits, he didn't trust them with that.

"Do you want to talk with Wels, Mumbo, and X?" Etho asked. Grian bit his lip before nodding. "Alright then, Stress, let's leave so he's not too crowded."

Stress stood and smiled as she left. Etho walked out and waved to Grian. It took a few minutes, but someone knocked softly on the door. A few beats later, they entered. Mumbo knelt infront of Grian, and rested his hands palm up on the floor.

He's just trying to get your guard down.

'He's never hurt me before.' Grian thought back against the Watcher's lies. He opened his wings enough to see X and Wels in the room. Wels sat in a chair near the island he'd helped place, his helmet sitting on the island near X's. Xisuma smiled softly, his violet eyes glowing softly.

Grian extended his hand towards Mumbo's, intertwining their fingers, pulling Mumbo closer to him. Mumbo moved to sit beside him, rubbing circles into the back of Grian's hand and making sure Grian was comfortable.