Your friendly neighborhood kidnappers

Back at the pad, I was acting like a real girly girl. you know, how when people think they're being admired by someone they get all boy crazy. or I could be girl crazy but that'd be weird since that's not me. the guys and I are just about to leave for an audition with some group called the Four Swine. it doesn't strike me as a nice name but I know the Monkees would be better them regardless of their name or personality. I lifted Peter's bass into the backseat of the Monkeemobile but it slipped at the last second. he was there in an instant helping me. "I'm sorry about that, this thing can feel kinda heavy at times". "It's alright, it wasn't your fault. you had no control over it". He smiled and I leaned over and kissed his cheek. His face looked into the distance like he'd seen a ghost. just then, Davy walked between us and practically yelled, "ay let's get a move on!" I smiled and grabbed Peter's hand. Mike drove while Davy sat in the front seat and I was between Micky and Peter but I leaned more towards Peter's side of the car. "turn here?". Mike asked. "no, the right at the stop sign up here". Davy said holding a map. it didn't seem like it'd be that hard to find. Mike turned right and as we drove down the road, there was still no sign of our destination. "now look what you did Davy! you got us lost!" Micky angrily told David. he ripped the map out of his hands and told Mike to take a left. he obeyed. we were on the road for a good fifteen minutes and I didn't think we'd make it in time. "Mike, are we lost?". I asked, leaning forward and playing with the back of his hair. "I think we are thanks to these two". He briefly glared at Micky and Davy in turn. "would you like me to give it a try?". Peter asked. They all three said, "no!" in unison. it didn't seem fair how he was always treated like he was dumb. he actually has a lot of potential, he just doesn't reach for it. "guys, let Peter try, it's not like it can get any worse than it already is" I pointed out. "alright, but if he gets us lost, there'll be consequences" Mike warned. I leaned into Peter and studied the map with him. we made a route on the map and stuck to it. "okay Mike, up here turn left. then once you're on that road, you take a right. the first right, sorry". He took a left then the right I told him to. we seemed to be getting somewhere. at least to me that's what it seemed like.

We rounded one more corner and what do ya know? Peter and I had found it. "there! now the next time you doubt Peter I can throw that in your face!". It sounded quite rude, coming out of my mouth. Mike shook his head and sighed. "women". He mumbled. we all clambered out after checking the time and charged into the building to set up our instruments. the Four Swine were still performing, much to our surprise, so we just hung around until they were finished. Peter said, "guys don't worry, under that seemingly hard exterior, there's four pretty decent guys" when the Four Swine walked off the stage though, they made monkey noises, handed Micky a banana and blew smoke in his face and Micky said, "yeah Pete you're a great judge of character" Peter frowned and the Monkees got their instruments ready onstage while I watched from behind the curtain. I winked at Mike when I peeked through it and they began playing. It didn't sound right at first and then it got better.

Back at the pad, Micky was sitting by his drumset. Peter was washing his socks using two drinking glasses. Mike was bouncing on a pogo stick type thing and Davy was balancing on his head on the seat of a chair. then this man with black hair came barging through the door and introduced himself as Nick Trump. He started barking about how the Monkees needed publicity. Mike argued but finally all of the Monkees gave in and Nick said "you're a shoe in" and being the dork that Micky is, he threw his shoe at Nick. I laughed, not caring what anyone thought. Micky winked at me and Nick told us to meet at the Vincent Van Go Go restaurant. there, a group of teenage girls would rip Davy's clothes off so it would cause a scene and the Monkees would get publicity. It actually sounded quite embarrassing to me but there's nothing I could do about it.

We all waited nervously for the teenage girls to come racing out, well. they did, I had nothing to worry about since I was a girl myself. I don't think any of them would wanna bother me today, unless... yeah you get what I mean. Micky and Mike counted all the way down to one and Davy shielded his head with his arms. I laughed out loud until I noticed they ran to the wrong table and began ripping another mans clothes off. he looked EXTREMELY confused. they left him in a ripped up dress shirt and boxer shorts. we left and headed back to the pad.

The next thing that Nick had planned for the Monkees was for them to get their hand in cement. I watched and after some time. Nick drove away leaving them there. he eventually came back and cut out the huge slab of cement their hands were stuck in, though. they traveeld back to the pad with their hands stuck in cement. I giggled at how ridiculous it was. soon after Nick took a sledgehammer and hit the cement in front of their hands to loosen it up. Micky screeched, "wait! i'll never to be able to play the guitar again!". Mike looked at him confused and said, "but you play the drums". "Oh yeah, right" then he smiled and and told Nick, "go ahead". Soon, they were all free from the cement and ready for the next thing Nick had planned to get publicity. The plan was to hire people to kidnap the Monkees. yes, you read that correctly. I said kidnap. it seems farfetched and dumb to me, and I don't have a clue how kidnapping them will get them publicity but if Nick thinks it'll work, then I trust him. They didn't know if they should dress casual or formal for a kidnapping and Nick informed them to dress formal. seems a little messed up to me. Then Davy thought of the stupidest thing in the midst of all this, he wondered what color tie to where. Nick checked in his notepad. "for a daytime kidnapping, black tie" Davy nodded and they all got dressed. All three of them got ready correctly, but Peter took three tries to get the right outfit on. I sighed at his stupidity, but smiled when I thought about how much I liked him. He was on the way to being my favorite Monkee.

Nick told them to stay where they were while he got the kidnappers and brought them to the pad. But, because they were the Monkees, not all of them obeyed him. Davy went to dance at some restaurant nearby and the other three hung out at home with me. I sat on Peter's lap for no apparent reason and watched the television. I had no clue what made me do what I did next. I guess I wanted to test my courage or something, because I scooted back so I was sitting next to him on the couch, and I leaned over to the left, turned his head, and kissed him. On the lips, none of this on-the-cheek garbage. A couple men appeared then and tied the Monkees up in ropes, breaking the awesome moment I was just having. they pushed me out of the way and I watched the proceedings. Davy came through the door holding a blonde haired woman's hand and he dropped her hand when he saw me there. I pretended not to notice him. a bunch of people, men and women, came in after them. I suspected that they were from the restaurant from the vast amounts that they were arriving in. The men that supposedly 'kidnapped' the Monkees were trying to get everyone to settle down since Davy had the jukebox turned onto some of their own songs. The rest of the Monkees attempted to dance while they were still tied up with rope from the kidnappers. Finally, the one kidnapper had had enough and screamed for the people to leave. to get them to, Davy put on a very slow and soft Monkees song and the crowd scurried out of there as fast as they could. The Monkees got out of the ropes and realized they were gonna miss their next audition, the one where they'd beat the Four Swine. Mike and the rest attempted to leave but the kidnappers locked them into a room so they couldn't escape. It was obvious that Nick's motive was to keep them at the pad long enough that they wouldn't have time for their audition.

Micky came up with a plan to tie all of Peter's bedsheets together and lower themselves to the ground. Sadly, Mike had to remind him that they were already on the first story. poor Micky, always missing the little details. They snuck out of the door with a threat from Micky that he was going to kill them with nitroglycerin.(the kidnappers) they all got ready and grabbed their instruments. I followed them. the kidnappers had already gone. Mike wondered what the nitroglycerin actually was and I even had no idea until Micky tossed it over his shoulder and out the window. An explosion happened on the beach after that. The pad was unharmed though, thank goodness. I help Peter's hand as we ran to the audition and I saw a disapproving look from Micky. They went onstage and just so Micky felt better, I gave him a kiss on the cheek right before they performed.

They did so good, I thought they were gonna win. actually uncle someone another and the so and so's (I've forgotten their names) won the contest. It was actually a great thing though, because a minute later, the same teenage girls from the restaurant came and ripped his clothes off. We walked back to the pad with smiles on all our faces. I was between Micky and Peter and Davy and Mike walked side by side and discussed something quietly.   As soon as all of us got home, Davy apologized to me as if he'd hurt my feelings. "Davy, don't ya worry about it. I'm fine! to be honest, I kinda like Peter". 'kind like' is an understatement. He made a balking gesture but laughed soon after. "hey he's not that bad!"  "he grows on you I guess"  (hint the sarcasm there people, I'm not that creepy.   That's it for another day with the Monkees!

Hey everyone! I'm gonna mostly follow the actual episodes but they might be changed up a little and just for the story I might add some little things of my own. Thanks for reading!  "Save the Texas Prairie Chicken!"