Micky Or Mike?

The Monkees never noticed that the Monkeemobile had had its windshield cracked or the hood scratched. Mike had been treating me better well, not that he was treating me poorly or anything but he seemed to spend more time with me each day that went by. Davy and Mike were totally not gonna be one of my choices. Davy deserved someone better for him, not to mention shorter. and Peter, well, Peter was out of the question. I still love him but in the way that a sister loves her brother. There just wasn't the boyfriend connection happening with Pete. I could really feel it happening with Mike and Micky... the boyfriend-girlfriend connection.

The Monkees were having a splendid day today, no splendid isn't the word for it, stupendous is more like it! They got lots of money from a really successful gig and it would pay off at least two months of their rent on the beach-house. to 'celebrate' they told me they were taking me on a tour of the town nearby their home. they even said we'd be going to their most reliable and favorite music store. I looked forward to it. I planned my whole outfit in my head as soon as they'd spilled the news to me. I would wear my light blue bell-bottoms with red sneakers and a white top that said 'Styx' on it. I completed the look with my mens' hippie-style shades and a short-brimmed hat that had a ribbon all around it. I jogged down the stairs careful not to trip this time and ran into Micky. so much for not tripping... I fell at his feet and he held out a hand to pull me up and I smiled. I loved it when we held hands, it's not like that whole electric shock thing that ya always read about but you feel really giddy inside when you hold your 'crushes' hand. I stayed like that with him, hand-in-hand, until Mike came our from his bedroom and announced we were all ready to go. "ladies first" Micky gestured to the door. I wished I hadn't worn these pants all of a sudden because as soon as I began walking, the bottms of my jeans made the loudest swishing noise. Davy found this amusing, "well we won't have trouble finding you if ya get lost"  I looked at him with a 'hurry up and get over here' expression and I punched his shoulder. "I might have to keep a close eye on you, ya might get lost in the crowd" he laughed. I loved how he took his height well, I mean, some people would get offended and make a scene about it but he only jokes along with us. We set a pretty brisk pace. my bellbottoms made sure I never got left behind and soon we were in the midst of the town traffic. It wasn't too terribly busy. my hometown was always much worse than this, well usually, especially on the holidays. We went into the music store which was called, "Sound of Downtown" and looked around at the various instruments. "wow look a harpsichord!"  I pointed and ran over to it, my bellbottoms making a very embarrassing noise. I picked it up and plucked the strings to the whole 'Silent Night' song. It was the only one I knew by heart. Mike clapped his hands, "bravo! but ain't it a little late in the year for that song?" "It's the only one I know by heart"  "whatever you say Jeddy. It was beautiful... just like you"  his face turned as red as a lobster and I'm sure mine looked the same. Peter and Davy cracked up at this while Micky pretended to be focused on the drumset he was trying out. Mike put his hand on my waist awkwardly and I did the same so he knew I cared. We walked out the door like that and Micky trailed behind. "Mike, what did ya think of that drumset back there?"  Mike unhooked his arm from around my waist, distracted, and answered, "you're current one is just fine" I lagged behind with Micky and kissed his cheek, making sure Mike wasn't looking our way. "Just sayin' I didn't plan any of that"  he laughed, for real like nothing had just happened. I was glad he was back to normal again.

I let Micky take the lead so he could chat with the rest of the guys. I smiled, I loved to see them all together, it made me feel like there was no bad in the world and that life is just a game you have to make the best of. I wasn't really aware of what was going on until I heard a frightening voice say, "hey beautiful" just quiet enough so the Monkees, who were 15 feet ahead of me by now, couldn't hear him. Several voices said similar things and I made the mistake of looking behind me to find a gang of about 7 fierce looking guys behind me. they were about in their 20's-30's and what really scared me was they were only 5 feet behind me and were gaining on me. calling for help would only make them run towards me, so I walked a little faster with hope that I could catch up with the Monkees and be safe. but I soon realized that I wouldn't get away. I began to run but failed when they grabbed me by the crooks of my arms and dragged me back towards them. "why you runnin' away? we ain't gonna put up with that are we Roger?"  "nope" one of them said with a menacing tone to his voice. "come here baby" one of them kissed my cheek and I struggled. "Micky! Mik-"  he covered my mouth with his disgusting palm and I could barely breath I was so distressed. I began squealing in hopes that the Monkees would hear me but by now they were too far ahead. they'd only hear me if I screamed at the top of my lungs. next, I did what any other girl would think to do. I kicked him hard in the groin area with the heel of my shoe and he released me but another one dragged me back. my mouth was free though. "MIKE! MICKY!"  I shrieked. all of the Monkees turned my way and began running towards me. Micky was sprinting in front with Mike right at his heels. when they reached me, they threw the man that had a grip on me, to the ground and delivered a few punches to the other guys as well. Micky grabbed my left hand and Mike my right. they both were the two who were fighting the hardest. All I could think as we ran back to the pad was, 'Micky or Mike?'  this was gonna be the hardest decision I've ever had to make.

hey guys. thanks for reading!:) I hope ya liked it! "save the Texas Prairie Chicken!"