Bumpy and The Van

----------

We're all panting heavily, following Daruis through the tall grass. Flies are buzzing around us along with other bugs. A tree branch snaps loudly from behind us. We all scream and turn quickly, trying to shield ourselves from whatever it is. 

Ben is standing there with his hands in front of his chest. "Sorry, I stepped on a twig." He sighs. 

"Ugh, come on, man." Yas groans

"You done gave me a heart attack!" Sammy puts her hand on her heart. 

"I should step on you." Kenji says.

"Its okay, Ben. Were all on edge." Darius reassures him. "And lost" Yas adds on. 

"Yeah, we've been out here for awhile now. Darius, we sure were still headed towards the park?" I ask him. 

"Well wed be sure if i still had my phone, because it has a GPS, a compass app, and is also a phone!" Brooklyn rags on at Sammy once again. 

"Sammy didn't steal your phone! No one stole your phone! can we please stop talking about the phone?" Yasmina defends Sammy again.  

"You guys! You guys, you guys, you guys. Could you all yell at each other quieter, please?" Ben gets in the middle of them and whisper-shouts at them" 

"Or maybe don't yell at all--" I start to say but am interrupted by Kenji. "My fellow campers, chill! What we need here is someone who can make the hard call on what to do next. Since am obviously leadership material..." He stands with his arms open wide. "....ill do this. And my first decree as leader is.. for everyone to stop talking and just listen to Darius." 

"Huh." Darius questions. "You got us out of camp alive. Plus, I can blame you if anybody gets eaten. Leadership. So which way Daruis?" Kenji laughs after standing in front of us, leaving Daruis to stand by himself. 

 "Please, you're just trying to cover up the fact that you're lost, too. Mr. VIP. None of us know where we are."  Brooklyn gets an attitude with kenji.  "I know where we are! Were by the Carnotaurus paddock! I thought this place looked familiar." Darius shouts then takes off running.

All of us cath up to him, walking into yet another clearing through some tall grass. "I remember the fence. The broken, ripped-down fence." Darius says in shock. 

"That means... That means Toro is out here... with us." Ben shudders. 

"Now we have to deal with the Indominus and Toro." I whisper. 

"Hold up. How do you know about Toro?" Darius asks me.

"We all know. Kenji told us, like, the day after it happened" Yas explains, walking in front of us. 

Darius explains, with kenji, where we have to go and how to get there. We all begin our walk to the visitors center. Hoping to find adults that can help us. 

--------------

It seems like we've been walking forever. that is when we see an upside-down gyrosphere and a dead dinosaur.  "The Indominus Rex was here." Brooklyn says. 

"Predators don't kill prey and then just leave without feeding. This... this isn't right." Darius explains to us all. Three's a sudden growl from in the bushes next to us. We all scream and back away as fast as we can, running back and hiding behind trees and in the gyrosphere. 

Rustling continues to come from inside the forest, when a small roar comes and a baby dinosaur runs out. "Bumpy!" Ben yells, running up and hugging the baby.  "And drooly, and smelly. How do you even know that's the same dinosaur?" Kenji questions. "Her big head bump. Dr. Wu said she's asymmetrical, be hes wrong that its bad. And so what if she's asymmetrical? There's nothing wrong with being different, or bumpy, or getting tired after reading and overly thrilling book! And maybe if her parents had listened to her, she wouldn't have come here and gotten attacked!" Ben rambles on. 

"I'm starting to think hes not just talking about the dinosaur." I whisper to kenji, making us both laugh. 

"As fun as this reunion is, shouldn't we keep moving south?" Kenji speaks up. 

'I'm not spending another hour walking through the jungle, hoping that we don't run into that Indominus. We need a new plan." Brooklyn begins to talk, getting fed up of going nowhere. 

"Uh, yeah, obviously we need a new plan. So, I had Daruis figure out a new one. Lay it on us bro. Kenji says, suddenly changing his mind about the plan we had before. 

"Okay. So, uh... we need to find somewhere safe close by. If camp is that way, and the park is that way..." Darius gasps. "Isn't Dr. Wu's field genetics lab near here. You guys went on the tour. Does this area look familiar?"

"Um... Yeah. Y-Yeah. I think it might be over that way." I nod my head and point to where the lab should be.

"Great! That's where we should go. There's bound to be an adult there who can help or tell us what to do. Right?" Darius tries to seem confident when he talks. A faint roar is heard in the distance.

"Fine, Whatever! Lets just go to the lab. As long as we are moving away from that." Brooklyn snaps at us and we all begin to walk away. Bumpy growls softly.

"What about Bumpy?" Ben asks. 

"Shas a dinosaur, bro. She belongs out here in the wild." Kenji tells ben. "And shell just slow us down. We gotta go now." Yas adds on. 

I cant help but feel bad for Ben, I know he really cares about Bumpy. 

Were now all making our way to the lab. Some huge leaves are in the way and Yas lifts it up for Sammy and I to walk under. After we go through she lets the leaf fall in Brooklyn's face, making me laugh quietly.

"Wait. Guys, where ben?" Darius suddenly asks. All of us stop and turn around to see ben trying to drag bumpy through the bushes and shushing her. Yas clears her throat making ben jump and shove bumpy back into the bush.

"Hey! How's it hangin'.... dudes?" Ben nervously says, making finger guns at us. 

"Ben, are you hiding bumpy in that bush?" Darius flatly says. A soft groan is heard from behind Ben.

"Nope. That could be anything. The jungle makes all sorts of weird noises." Ben tries to explain when bumpy jumps out of the bush, knocking ben over onto the ground. "How did she get here?" 

"We don't have time for this! There are dinosaurs eating people out here, and bumpy cant keep up!" Yas yells as she starts to get annoyed with ben.

"She can move faster. Ankylosauruses run fast. Right, Darius?" 

"When they're fully grown, maybe, but she's just..." 

Bumpy groans loudly then falls asleep right on the grass. "Wow! Yeah, total speed demon. Say goodbye, Ben." Kenji tells Ben. I stay standing next to ben and bumpy.

It goes quiet for a moment as the rest of them start to slowly walk away. "No!! You say hello, because she is coming with us! So... There!" Ben yells at them. 

"Ben, you're not thinking this through. Bumpy's too slow." Brooklyn turns to face him. "Then.. then well put her in the van!" 

"What van." I ask him. Sammy scoffs.

"That one!" He points to the right and we see a van in seemingly perfect condition just sitting there.