Introductions

---------

"Uhm, I beat this awesome VR dinosaur game. I'm Darius, by the-"

"I'm sorry, I just cant believe I'm in the presence of Brooklyn!" Texas girl smiled brightly, cutting off Darius. Brooklyn smiled sweetly in response, shifting her attention onto her fan.

"I'm Sammy Gutierrez, total Brooklander!" Sammy reached out, gently taking Brooklyn's hand and shaking it before looking and smiling at the rest of us.

"My family also supplies the beef to the island and thats how I got here" She settled back in her seat, smile never faltering.

"Its nice meeting you, Sammy" Brooklyn said, earning a bashful look from Sammy. The southern girl seemed sweet enough though not the greatest with personal space.

"Uhm.. what's a Brooklander?" Daruis asked the question that was on everyone's mind, curiously turning to look at Brooklyn.

"Oh, thats just what my online followers call themselves." Brooklyn explained with a smile.

"Quite the name they chose" I said quietly, leaning back in my seat and crossing my arms. For someone whos so popular, you hadn't really heard of Brooklyn all that much.

"All 27 million of us!" Sammy giggles, doing finger guns and making a soft 'kapow' noise. Kenjis eyes widened, meeting your gaze as he reached over and placed a hand on Daruis shoulder. Darius furrowed his brow, glancing down at his hand.

"Yep. Thats why she's the only one who gets to keep her phone. She's famous" The track star says, bitterness lacing her voice. She didn't seem as enchanted by Brooklyn as everyone else. Perhaps she was envious? or thought Brooklyn was overrated.

Suddenly I felt Barfy shift beside me, noticing him covering his mouth and gag.

"Again?" I whispered, scooting away from the dirty blonde boy slightly. He could only shoot me an apologetic look, unbuckling his seatbelt and leaning over the side of the vehicle. I reached over to him, grabbing the back of his jacket to keep him from falling off the side.

"Hold on" Kenji let out a surprised chuckle, pointing to himself then Brooklyn. "Rich and Famous? Oh, meant to be" Kenji laughed, snatching Brooklyn's phone out of her hands and scooting closer to snap a selfie with her. My nose scrunched up, hearing Barfy vomit, throwing a small apology over his shoulder. A cry left him as the truck swerved, tossing everyone around until it came to an abrupt stop. Luckily my grip hadn't loosened, preventing him from falling out of the truck. My seatbelt dug into my stomach, having kept me from falling on Daruis. I unbuckled it, rubbing my stomach with a wince.

"Jesus its only day one" I let go of the skinny kid, peering around him and seeing Dave get out of the truck with a taser stick and a determined look on his face. Barfy frowned, leaning back and nervously looking around in a search of what stopped the truck.

"Dave, what's going on?"