Part 9

Vic tried desperately to fix the door he kicked in before your parents got home for the night. Unfortunately for you, Vic isn't much of a handyman and so you had no choice but to call upon Belch. You sat on the staircase as you watched him look over the shrapnel and busted hinges. His top lip curled up in a surprised and inoffensive snarl. He looked up at Vic.

"You did this?" He asked him. Vic nodded and crossed his arms, partially proud, partially in shame. If there was such an emotion. Vic was picked on for being the weakest of the bunch. Even you made fun of the scrawny boy every now and then. He wasn't as thin as Patrick, but Patrick was tall and had proven himself to be strong and powerful many times before. The first time his strength really hit you, was one of your first encounters with the boys. When you and Henry were just interested in each other before you were really dating. The first time you went swimming with the boys. They had convinced you, and another girlfriend of yours to break into a community pool with them.

The boys were content to jump in with just their underwear on, but you two were shy. So even when you got in your underwear, the two of you just dangled your feet into the water. Unsatisfied, the boys started shouting at you to get into the pool. You weren't really paying attention until you heard the screaming. Pat had scooped her up, and held her like a child. She kicked and cried as he and the boys laughed at her. Then he pulled back and tossed her into the water. You watched from your seat as he watched her struggle to swim, and Belch had to come to her rescue. Pats laugh continued, and then he looked down at you.

"Your turn." He said, bouncing his dark brows.

"Fuck off!" You shouted jokingly. You stood and jumped into the water yourself. Proving yourself just a little more in their eyes. That was a little more than a year ago. The summer between Sophomore and Junior year.

You won their hearts by being courageous and a rebel. You weren't as rough around the edges as them, you had a conscious and you used it. Yet somehow when you were around Patrick, that conscious was lost. You worked on pure adrenaline, drive, instinct. That got you into this mess.

"You okay?" Belch asked you. You looked up from the remains of your front door. You met his soft brown eyes.

"Yeah." You said with a rough voice. Belch and Vic looked at one another.

"You shouldn't be." He told you before he knelt over the mess.

"One of you mind cluing me in here? Why are you in trouble? And what is happening?" Vic asked uncrossing his arms. You sighed. This was not how this was supposed to go.

"Patrick and I are...uh...fighting right now." You said. Trying to not to let the truth slip.

"Fighting? The fuck?" There was no way to put it that didn't reveal everything. Looking up from working on the door, Belch spoke.

"Y/N's preggers." He stated.

"Thanks, Reg." You said. Vic's eyes widened and he looked up at you from his place leaning against the wall.

"Oh shit." Vic blew out a deep breath of air and shook his head.

"You can't tell anyone." You warn him.

"Does Henry know?" Vic asked, raising his brow.

"No. He can't know. Not yet." You snap.

"What does this have to do with Pat?" He asks. You stayed silent, biting your bottom lip and hoping he could just fill in the blanks.

"I have a date with Henry tomorrow." You ignore Vic, directing that to Reggie.

"What? What about-"

"Its in a public place, at the diner. I'll make sure we'll never be alone together. I don't know if Pats told him yet."