Chapter 48: They Finally Meet Again

(Noelle's p.o.v.)

  Me and my teacher, Junpei, enter the grounds of Jujutsu Academy, and he led me through the campus. "Remember Noelle, don't leave my sights. You're not in your country right now, and the Jujutsu World is filled with people who harbor a deep grudge against Aristocrats. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to kill you the moment they see you. Stay close to me and they won't lay a hand on you." The last part of what Junpei said  made me confused, so I asked, "Why would they leave me alone if I stay close to you?" He replied, "Jujutsu Sorcerers have a strong sense of camaraderie between each other because we were either apart of this secret world since the day we're born or were brought in when we no longer had a place among the world of mages. We had practically lived under the same roof since, we ate together, we trained together, and fought together. As such, we trust each other's judgement. Even if you are a royal, they won't lay a hand on you if you came here escorted by a sorcerer. And for a security measure, we will have make a pact to insure that you won't tell anyone about us. Also, one of my closest friends is one of the 8 Demon Gods, so having his support will help keep you from getting killed.  However, Asta probably won't be as open minded when he sees you, but you should be safe until we meet with him." What he said about a pact made sense to me. While Junpei was training me in jujutsu, he taught me about it. Once a pact is forged, ALL parties must abide by the conditions, otherwise there would be uncanny consequences. So, if I did have to enter a pact, I would just have to keep my word and I would be fine.

  We continued to wander around the campus, looking for Asta. During our search, Junpei asked a fellow sorcerer, "Hey, do you know where Yuuji is right now?" The Sorcerer replied, "He and the other Demon Gods were sent on missions a while ago. They should be back sometime today." Junpei thanked him and suddenly we heard cheering coming from the direction of the main gate. We all went over to see what the commotion was about. As we got closer, I began hearing what the other sorcerers were cheering. "The Demon Gods are back!!!" One Sorcerer said. "Welcome back, fellas!!" Another greeted them. "They're so awesome!! They haven't even got so much the slightest scratch since the Night Parade!!" Another sorcerer commented. "Of course they haven't, there's a reason why they're called the 8 Demon Gods!" One sorcerer chided the other.

  We managed to work our way through the crowd and saw group they were cheering for, the 8 Demon Gods. One was a young woman about my age with orangish-brown hair in a bobcut, and at her hip was a sword with a thin and narrow blade. Two were young men with black hair, one had straight hair and carried a katana on his back, while the other had a uniquely spikey hair. One was what looked like a golem made of wood, and had circular green eyes. One was a devil with messy white hair and carried a sword similar to Asta's Demon Dweller Sword at his hip. Two I had recognized as Yuuji Itadori and Aoi Todo, who I met months ago. And finally my eyes landed on the one whom I came to see, Asta. He had changed quite a bit, he had grown about as tall as Yuno, he was more muscular than the last time I saw him, and I noticed that he no longer had his magic knight's robe, and the Black Bulls insignia that was on his headband had been replaced with the Jujutsu Sorcerers crest, which made me sad. Seeing how he just tossed aside the insignia that Vanessa had sewn on his headband when he join the Black Bulls after all we've been through as magic knights pains my heart. But, I couldn't blame him, we weren't there for him when the Magic Parliament tried to make him their scapegoat, so I would harbor such disdain for the Clover Kingdom too.

  The crowd continued to cheer as the Demon Gods got closer. Once they got close enough I was able to clearly sense their cursed energy, and it was insanely high. If I were to compare it to the magic power of the Wizard King before he turned into a child, the Wizard King would be nothing more than an ant. 'No wonder they're called the 8 Demon Gods, just one of them can defeat an entire army without breaking a sweat.' I thought to myself. I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard a familiar voice say, "Yo Junpei! When did you get back?!" Junpei replied, "Hey, Yuuji! I just got back today!" The crowd of Sorcerers made way for Yuuji as he approached my teacher. Once they got close enough, the two gave each a high five and Yuuji had noticed me at the corner of his eye. He turned to me and sternly said, "What are you doing here?" I replied nervously, "J-junpei brought me here. H-he's been training me in jujutsu for the past six months." Yuuji seemed surprised by what I said and took a good look at me before  saying, "Hmmm, you have a lot more cursed energy than the last time I saw you. But, that won't be enough to make the other sorcerers accept you. You're still an aristocrat, and we all have reasons for despising your people." I replied, "I'm well aware they won't accept me, but I don't care what they think of me. All that matters to me is making things right with Asta." That was when I felt a flare in cursed energy coming from the other Demon Gods. I turned my head to see who was giving off that intense aura, and saw it was Asta. He looked at me with eyes filled with boundless furious and murderous intent. To be honest, I feared for my life when he looked at me like that. I mean his anger was understandable, he still holds a grudge against Clover for what they did to him. However, that wasn't going to make me run away, I had come too far to give up now. I steeled myself and turned to face him and said, "Hey, it's been a long time, Asta." He quickly drew his sword and lunged at me at blinding speed. I knew he was trying to kill me, so I put my hands together to make a hand sign. I called out, "Steel Shell!", and my black crab shikigami appeared in front of me and block Asta's attack with it's pincer. He was surprised by what had just happened and he withdrew his sword and said in an angry tone, "What the hell are you doing here, Silva?"

It hurt me that he called me by my last name rather than my given name like he used to. I knew that he wouldn't treat me like before, but it didn't make it hurt less. I answered Asta, "I'm here to see you." He replied, "If you're planning on apologizing for not saving me at the trial, don't. I already heard that bullshit from Nero. You're wasting your time. It doesn't matter what you say to me, I won't ever forgive you for what you did. Now leave before I peel the flesh off your bones!" I could tell from the look in his eyes that he meant it, but I refused to back down. I gave him my answer with a determined look, "I had been waiting to see you for over 4 years, I can't just back down after coming so far. Asta, I'm not going anywhere until I make things right with you!" This just got him angry, as he readied his sword and said, "Fine, I'll have you shipped back to Clover in pieces." I got into my stance and prepared for the battle that was about to commence.