Chapter 4: Jujutsu Sorcerer?

(asta's p.o.v.)

Liebe and I arrived at our camp with our mysterious guest, Satoru Gojou. We sat down by the fire pit and decided to introduce ourselves. "My name is Asta, and this is my brother, Liebe." I said. Gojou nodded and asked, "So, why are out here, Asta? And how did you get a devil for a brother?" We explained explained everything about our pasts, how I got exiled from my country, about our mother as well. Gojou was sympathetic when he heard all of it and said, "I'm sorry you both had an unjust life up until now." Liebe replied, "Don't be, it's not your fault. Anyway, about that item you came here looking for, what exactly is it? It's obviously dangerous from the aura it's giving off." I nodded in agreement. Gojou paused for a second and said, "It's a cursed object, a very dangerous one at that." We asked simultaneously, "A cursed object?" Gojou then said, "I'll explain, you see separate from mana, there another power that all emotional beings have, a power generated by negative emotions, that power is called cursed energy. Whether people know it or not, they are constantly emitting this energy, although the majority lack the ability to perceive it. The minority who are able to, are trained to use cursed energy in various ways, these people are called jujutsu sorcerers." Me and Liebe look at each with curiosity and he asked Gojou, "How come we never heard of them?" Gojou replied, "Because, the existence of jujutsu is a secret. The reason for that is to prevent this power from being abused by aristocrats like the ones that kicked you out of Clover." I said, " I can imagine what they would do." Gojou continued his explanation, "Next is about cursed spirits, they are spirits made of cursed energy, born from the collective of negative emotions that people hold toward a certain thing or place. These spirits can be very deadly depending on how strong they are. Part of a jujutsu sorcerer's job is to battle and kill these spirits. Now, we get to explaining cursed objects. Cursed objects are items that harbor a cursed spirits, and like cursed spirits, they are assigned a rank known as, "grade" depending on how powerful the curse is. As for the cursed object you two found, is one of the highest rank, known as special grade." We looked at each again thinking about everything he told us, we both were wondering whether or not he's telling the truth, so Liebe asked Gojou, "Are you a jujutsu sorcerer?" He nodded with a smile on his face. Liebe said, "You said  sorcerers were trained to use cursed energy in various ways, mind giving us a demonstration?" Gojou replied as he raised his hand, "Sure, here put your hand out." Liebe cautiously tried to reach for Gojo's hand and it stopped about 2 inches away from his palm. Liebe push forward with all his might but it still didn't budge. "You haven't stopped, but the closer you get the slower you go. Each jujutsu sorcerer is born with their own cursed technique this is mine. The power to bring the concept of infinity into reality, this allows me to distort and manipulate space, the technique is called Limitless." Gojou explained his ability. Liebe and I both sensed a presence from Gojou as he used his power, it was similar to the item we found, Liebe lowered his hand and turned his head toward me and both nodded in agreement that Gojou was telling the truth. I asked Gojou, "Do you think we can jujutsu?" Gojou answered, " Of course, you were able to sense the cursed energy from the object right?" Our eyes widen is shock when we realized that he was right, we could sense it. We nodded to Gojou. "Say boys, here's an idea. Why don't you both become jujutsu sorcerers?" Gojou asked us and we were surprised. Liebe asked, "Would other sorcerers accept a devil into their hidden world?" Which is a good question, not many would like working with a devil. Gojou replied, "Sure, there have been non-human jujutsu sorcerers in the past, I don't see why you would be an exception." Before, we could reply, Gojou said, "Although, you should know that being a jujutsu sorcerer means that you must constantly face death while in the field, and you will see the gruesome handiwork that cursed spirits are capable of, and there's no guarantees that you won't end up that way yourselves, so before you make your decision, think carefully if you're sure you want to live in that kind of hell." Even with the blindfold on I can tell he was serious. I called Liebe over to me, and we whispered to each other about whether or not to accept Gojo's offer. After a minute, we reached our decision.

(Gojo's p.o.v.)

I knew that those two were discussing  whether or not to accept my offer to become jujutsu sorcerers. I wouldn't blame them if they said no. Then, they turned to face me. I noticed that they had determined looks on their faces and I knew that they decided to accept my offer. I said to them, "I see that you both decided to become jujutsu sorcerers, but I'm curious as to why you want to, despite warning you about what the job entails?" Asta answered, "People are always under threat of dying at the hands of either curse spirits or devils like Lucifero, we want to put an end to the unjust slaughter of both." Liebe finished for his brother, "People will eventually die, there's no stopping that, so for that reason, we need to become stronger, much much stronger. To make sure that everyone can live and die a proper death." The last part caught me by surprise, because I had a student who had a similar motivation as them. "I understand. The cursed object you two found, I'll turn it in the higher ups and get things set up for the both of you to begin your studies in jujutsu." They both nodded and Asta went into the cave and came out with the cursed object. He handed it to me. I said, "Everything should be ready some time tomorrow, so be ready head out." I then used my jujutsu to teleport back to base.