Chapter 3: An Ominous Discovery

(Asta's p.o.v.)

It's been six months since I was exiled from the clover kingdom, I've been camping in a cave with my devil brother, Liebe. After he told me his life story and about our mom, I decided to help train him to fight with the anti magic swords like I do, so that when the day comes when we meet Lucifero face to face, we will be ready to slay him. Not only have we been practicing sword skills, we've also been learning to manipulate anti magic in various ways. For example, we made a bow and arrow out of branches and grapevine we found in the forest, and tried to infuse anti magic into the arrows, in order to fight at long range. To our surprise, it worked. During our time hunting for food,(a guy can get sick of eating nothing but fish for too long) we surveyed the area to get a better lay of the land we were now living in. Since we didn't have paper to write on, we just draw a map on the wall of the cave with blood we drained from the prey we killed. As we scouted the area, discovered a safe trail to use for running, but after a mudslide far up the trail we looked for a way around it. We were looking around, and Liebe called me over.

(Liebe's p.o.v.)

Me and Asta were looking for a way to get around the roadblock made of mud, when I saw what looked like a small shrine in between two trees. I called out, "Hey, Asta! Come over here!" He rush over and asked, "What is it? What's wrong?" I just pointed toward the shrine and he saw it, looking baffled. We were asking ourselves the same thing, "What's a shrine doing all the way out here?" We looked at each other knowing that we should take a look at it. Asta and I walked up the mysterious little shrine and examined it, as we did, Asta said he found something. He showed a small wooden box that he said was in the far back of the shrine. We opened it up and saw that there was something wrapped inside.

The wrapping was covered in strange symbols, unlike anything we seen before. Asta looked at me and asked, "Do think we should unwrap it?" I answered, "I don't think that's a good idea, do you feel that ominous presence this thing is giving off?" He looked back at it and he noticed it too. Asta asked, " What do you think we should do with it?" That is a very good question and honestly I don't think we should put it back. I told Asta,"Let's bring it back with us, and put it in the far back of the cave until we figure this thing out." He nodded in agreement and went back to the cave. We stuffed it in the far back as planned and continued our usual routine while still wondering what it is that we found.

(Narrator p.o.v.)

Little did Asta and Liebe know that the forest that they now live in is about to receive an unexpected visit. A man white hair stands up top of a nearby mountain looks down at the valley forest. The man says, "What a sight to behold, too bad I don't have time for sightseeing. I better find that cursed object before they do."

Two day time skip

(Asta's p.o.v.)

Me and Liebe were sit on the ground in the forest, thinking of new applications for using anti magic, we can infuse weapons with it to control them, use it fire anti magic blasts, create barriers, out of anti magic, and even use anti mana zone, but we feel like we were still missing something. Then, I just came up with an interesting idea, "Hey Liebe, I got it!" I said to him. Liebe replied,"What?" I went on to say, "What if coat ourselves in anti magic? That way, we can attack and defend against spells without using the swords." Liebe's face lit up with intrigue and said, "That's an interesting idea. Let's try it out." We both stood up and started to try out my idea. We concentrated on covering our hands in anti magic, and it worked, our hands were covered in a jet-black aura. We looked at each other with an excited smile on our faces. We then decided that we should test it to see what kind of damage this technique can do. I walked up to a tree with my right hand still coated in anti magic and punched it. The second after my fist made contact with the tree, almost all the bark on it came off. I backed up and asked Liebe,"Did you see that?" Liebe answered, "I did. It looked that punch made two impacts." I was confused. "What do you mean, two impacts?" Liebe explained,"When your punch connect with the tree, I saw the anti magic come in behind and slam into the tree as well." I was intrigued by the results of what this technique can do. "Wow, a divergent fist without using cursed energy, that's interesting." A voice said from behind us. We quickly turned around and put up our guards. We saw a white-haired man wearing a blindfold smiling at us. Liebe questioned him, "Who the hell are you?!" The man put up his hands and said, "Easy guys, I'm not here to fight. My name is Satoru Gojou." I asked, "Why are you here and you better not lie to us!" The man named Gojou explained, "I'm on an assignment from my superiors to find a certain item that's hidden somewhere in this forest, but sadly even with my eyes I can't find it. Then, I saw you two, so I came to ask you if you found anything unusual out here." Liebe and I looked at each other for a couple seconds and looked back at the man, and I asked, "Exactly, what are you looking for?" He said, "What I'm looking for is supposed to be in a small shrine somewhere in these woods." "Is it in an old wooden box?" When Liebe said that, Gojo's face lit up and he said, "That's it, do you know where it is?" I replied, "Yeah, we found it two days ago. We didn't know what it was, but we had a feeling that it wouldn't be a good idea if we left it in the shrine." Liebe continued, "So, we brought it back to our camp." "You didn't try to remove the talisman, did you?" Gojou asked. "Talisman? You mean what that thing is wrapped in? No, we felt an ominous presence coming off it, so we did even touch it." I answered. Gojou sighed in relief and said, "Good thinking, if you did remove it, that thing would have drawn in a lot of dangerous entities." I  said, "Let's head back to our camp, so we can talk." Gojou nodded in agreement and we all walked back to the cave.