The Barkingburg Crisis Part 2: Road Trip

Everyone was now inside the Paw Patroller.

Soon, another familiar face showed up.

From the room where the driving wheel was, a robotic dog came rushing out barking happily.

"Ah! Robot Dog!" Jonathan screamed.

"Don't worry about Robo-Dog; he's the copilot of the Paw Patroller and is really friendly," Ryder explained.

"As long as he doesn't turn me into a robot while I sleep, then he and I are good," Jonathan told Ryder.

The Pups and Ryder giggled.

....

While everyone admired the outside by looking through the window on the left side of the vehicle, Ryder was driving the Patroller with Robo-Dog as his copilot. And as for Jonathan, well, he was a little busy arranging his stuff in the other room. And by stuff, I mean his weapons.

The door to the room he was staying in opened up and it was...

....

Earlier

(Skye's POV)

Everyone of my friends were watching through the window while I sat on the couch behind them. I'm happy I have friends like them. We tell each other how our day's going and talk about our feelings. But what I'm feeling, is fear. Fear of them finding the truth of what kind of beast my attacker was. Fear of them finding out why I sneak out and what I become on the night of a full moon. I don't know what will happen if they find out the truth, but I hope they don't. I need to calm down. Stress will make it hard to hide it if they ask me something related to my other side. Maybe Jonathan can help? I wonder how he's doing?

I stood on all fours and hopped off the couch and turned to my left as I made my way to the other room. As I got closer to the doors, they opened, and I saw Jonathan sitting on the floor sit-cross-applesauce while working with his equipment. As I got closer from behind him, I could see that he pulled out a sword to his right. I gulped.

"Oh! Sorry, Skye. Just checking on my weapons. Wanna see?" Jonathan asked.

"Sure," I replied. I walked around him on his right to see his weapons. As soon as I got closer, I could see that it wasn't just a sword, but a few bear traps, a few smoke bombs, a blow tube and a few tranquilizer darts, and another kind of weapon covered in a black blanket.

It actually peaked my interest. I wonder what kind of weapon is it?

However, my gaze towards it didn't go unnoticed.

"Curious, aren't ya?" He asked me. He placed his sword in his left hand and placed it on his left. He then grabbed the covered weapon and unraveled it.

I couldn't believe it.

"...a gun?" I asked. "Why are you carrying a gun? And a shotgun, no doubt?" I asked once again.

"Its a magical shotgun. A weapon that can shoot very hot, plasmatic energy from close quarters AND long distances," he explained. "I even gave it a name."

"Really?"

"Yep. "Plasma Howler," he replied.

I look at his weapon with worry.

"And like I said before, I'm after the beast only, and same thing goes for these weapons; with the beast's name carved into them," he explained in further detail.

Then, the speakers came on with Ryder's voice. "Alright, Pups, we'll be in Barkingburg in two hours. Feel free to rest on the way while me and Robo-Dog continue driving to our destination," he said.

....

While getting ready for bed, Chase wondered where Skye was.

"Hey! Where's Skye?" He asked.

"I saw her going into the other room," Liberty answered.

"But isn't that where Jonathan is?" Marshall asked.

The pups were now worried considering they just met him. So they went into the other room, and once they got inside, they were completely shocked.

Jonathan was sleeping on his right on a white mattress with a blue blanket, resting his head upon his right forearm. And as for Skye, she was sleeping peacefully. Especially, when Jonathan gently held her with his left arm like her own blanket.

The Pups couldn't help but go "aww" at the sight. Next, they all surrounded the two and dozed off into slumber for the rest of the trip.

....

At night...

...in Foggy Bottom...

Mayor Humdinger (everyone's most hated villain), the mayor of Foggy Bottom, had set up a meeting in a big cave with his cats and nephew, Harold Humdinger. And this meeting had familiar guests. There was that Pirate Sid and his weiner dog, Arby. There was that super-powered Mr. Nibbles, also known as the Copycat. Ladybird was there, as well. And on two mobile computer robots, the middle one had the Duke of Flappington and his eagle companion, Jean-Claude, the one on its right had Barkingburg's ex-knight Claw, and the royal pup, Sweetie.

"Glad you could all come to this meeting, with the exception of the other four," he said as the Duke and Claw groaned while Jean-Claude screeched in anger.

"Didn't really want to attend, even if I was kidnapped by Claw," Sweetie said.

"You always seem to have tricks of your own, your highness," Claw replied.

"Enough! I have called you all here to discuss a very difficult situation. One that involves a mysterious and dangerous beast lurking in the woods," he said.

"Actually, the beast is now in Barkingburg, which is why I wanted to stay in my safe home before this idiot dragged me against my will to this disgusting cave," Sweetie pointed out.

"Deal with it," Claw quickly replied.

"Really? In Barkingburg, you say? That gives me an idea," Humdinger said as he scratched his chin with his left index finger.

"What is it, Uncle?" Harold asked.

"Well, what if we ALL work as a team to capture this beast and turn it into the authorities? Everyone would treat us with respect, call us heroes, and even come and live in Foogy Bottom, making it the most popular town in the world. Or better yet, the universe," he said.

"Then I would be given my own machine factory with loyal employees," Harold said.

"All the treasures in the world will be given to me and Arby," Sid said.

"All the shiniest things will be mine as they will freely hand them over," Ladybird said.

"All the pies I could eat, the respect I deserve, and a much better place for my owner, Ms. Hailey," Mr. Nibbles said.

"I will become a King and Jean-Claude will be my own country's national bird," the Duke said.

"And I will be rebranded as Barkingburg's TRUE knight," Claw said.

"Well, I don't want any part of this. Because I am not gonna throw my life away by being torn asunder by a vile beast. Ta-ta!" She said as she turned right and walked behind Claw and out of the cave. She was walking back to the castle.

"Should I recapture her?" Claw asked Humdinger.

"Ah, let her go. If she doesn't want to join us in our quest for greatness, then so be it. One less member to worry about. Now... Let's start planning," he said as he twiddled his fingers.