The Trip Back Home

Doors opened up at the entrance of the hospital as Ryder and the Pups, along with an unconscious Skye, heads home.

While Ryder drives the truck back to the headquarters, the Pups were carefully watching their friend as they headed home.

Literally, they didn't take one eye off of her, thinking this all could have been avoided if they hadn't separated on finding the beast.

Much like his name, Rocky sat on her right and made sure that Skye didn't fall on the floor from the bumpy ride alongside Rubble on her left.

"If Skye were awake now, she'd probably ask why we're staring at her creepily," Marshall joked.

"Thanks for trying to lighten up the situation, Marshall, but maybe we should put a hold on jokes for a little while," Chase said sincerely.

"I just wonder what the beast that injured Skye looked like. If she were awake, she could probably tell us what it looked like," Rubble asked.

"I don't think that's a good idea. Skye probably won't even give a flippin' yip about the beast that nearly ended her life," Rocky said.

"Once Skye is awake, we should let her recover without mentioning the beast until she's ready," Chase said.

"Alright, Pups, we're home," Ryder said.

(More will be added later on this evening in a new chapter.)