Chapter 17: A Long Short Date Pt.1

Artist is Lukari

------

A few days have passed since that incident with Hato, it's driver and the other people.

Once we reached Theosoir, Zeke told us to not to worry that he would handle the rest. It was the best course of action given he had the resources and the means to properly help them.

While us, we decided to take a few days off to chill. Some days I spent with Pyra and Rex because that lot have been dragging me to endless errands.
Some of those consisted of having a good time and exploring Theosoir to its fullest. They have been dragging me to sweets'n'chill quite frequently too to just eat and enjoy life - or well, that is what Rex says.
However, a few others consisted of talking with Zeke and his father about the plans of what we were going to do about Azra and the current situation of the world.

I was worried during the meetings because Rex and Pyra had a rough interaction back in Mor Ardain with Azra - Rex almost lost his life.
I wished they could take a break, but it seemed they were important pieces of this whole puzzle - me included.

Tantal received word from the other kingdoms that nothing strange or weird had happened and that Azra's silence is very concerning.

We tried to tie the corrupted blades incident to her but there were too many loose ends - our Intel was very limited.

Before ending with a big disappointment, Zeke told us that they have managed to capture a corrupted blade and that they are running experiments on it to try to decipher what is exactly happening to them and what is making them so hostile.

To summarize the rest, we had to stay on our sense. It was required we were on high alert in case anything happened. Eulogimenos already had prepared exclusive fast-travelling titans if we had to move fast from Tantal to another Titan.

I personally wasn't feeling too good about the possibility of we having to move out in case of an emergency. I had been wanting to get to know more of my Driver and... I had a feeling that if something like that happened, it would be the last time I could see him or even share a moment with him...

I believed that could summarize everything related to the current status of the world.

I wish I could say I did something else but I have been sleeping a lot. I didn't know why but I have been feeling very tired lately.
But today wasn't going to be like that. I was determined I wanted to spend a day with my Driver... No, with Kev.

Yesterday, I asked Pyra to wake me up early so I could get ready and surprise him with a breakfast. I wasn't planning to cook the whole dish by myself but rather ask Tania for some help, so I could learn his breakfast - of course, as long as she was okay with it.

"Mythra, wake up!" I heard Pyra say as she was shaking my body moderately fast.

I started to become active once again as I slowly regained my consciousness.

"... Th.." I tried to say but I let out a big yawn.

"Thanks... Sis..." I told her with my eyes closed and still feeling a bit sleepy.

"I'm surprised you wanted to wake up early, which is something abnormal from you." She said and then laughed briefly. I just groaned as a response.

I kept my eyes closed but I heard her moving around the room. She probably was getting ready to start the day.

I slowly started to open my eyes but damn, I was still very sleepy. I knew beforehand that waking up super early was going to be painful for me... But I thought today I could make that sacrifice.