Chapter 2: Mysteries

Credit goes to Monolith Soft: Scene when arriving for the first time to Torigoth.

------

It has been 2 weeks since Elizabeth recited my life, her life and how the current world works.
Most of the patients have recovered from their injuries - including Elizabeth's uncle.
The camp is starting to dismantle little by little, because the Emperor Niall has ordered to execute the second stage of his plan.
Alba Cavanich has been restored and people are now allowed to return to their homes. The camp wont disappear entirely, but the population and the resources won't be as high as now.

Now with Elizabeth, it didn't take long for us to return to our old friendship - according to her. We talked and did silly things everyday. To be honest, this is the must fun I ever had during my stay in this camp.
However, that fun had a deadline. Tomorrow, Elizabeth is going to take another voyage to return to Gormott.

Her departure made me feel really sad. The only person that I trusted deeply is going to fly away and, who knows when we are going to see each other again.

It was late and I was eating dinner in my tent. The thought of her leaving the camp haunted me. So I tried to eat fast so I could see her once again.
I finished my meal and then I ran towards her place.

Now that there are less people injured, it was easier to traverse the area. In 35 seconds I was already infront of her tent.

I saw a dim light coming out so I decided to ask before entering.

"Elizabeth? May I come in?" I asked.

"Oh hey! Give me a moment please..." She replied.

I waited outside until she gave me permission, but instead, she came out of her tent and then hugged me. I hugged her back.

"Hey... I hope everything goes well tomorrow." I said with a sad voice.

"Aaww, you are worried about me." She said cheerfully, trying to switch the mood.

"Don't worry, I can take care of myself! You taught me some swordplay, didn't you?" She continued.

"...Did I?" I answered and then I lifted my right eyebrow.

Elizabeth facepalmed herself and laughed a bit.

"Yeah you did. Dummy me forgot to tell you that detail." She said.

I smiled and caressed her arm.

"It's alright" I said.

After some small giggling, her face totally changed. She locked her eyes on mine and proceeded to ask me a question.

"What are you going to do?" She showed a concerned face.

I put my right hand behind my head and exhaled a big sigh.

"I don't know... I... Guess I will figure it out... Eventually. Right know I'm just a leaf being carried by the river." I said and then I crossed my arms.

Elizabeth looked down to the left. She put her index finger on her mouth, like she was thinking about something.
I just looked at her. Her face says that she was trying to decipher a code or something, but being realistic, that wasn't the case.

It took her a brief moment until she lifted her head again and jumped a little. Her eyes were wide and bright - she had a great idea.

"Say, why don't you come to my house in Torigoth?" She asked and then placed her hands behind her.

"Well, that came out of the blue... but are you serious?" I asked astonished.

"Dead serious." She leaned a bit towards me. I backed up a little.