Chapter 16: Attempting to Face the Truth

Artist is kyaro

{~~~~~~}

"Mythra! Careful!" I heard Kev shout at me while I was fighting this wind katana blade.

I activated my weakened foresight and I saw an axe was flying horizontally towards me.

I reacted accordingly and jumped after I landed a strong hit with my sword against this blade's katana to avoid that spinning flying axe.

"Thanks!" I shouted as I continued to battle this blade. However, it was getting tougher; more blades were joining the fight making it almost impossible - for a low level blade, of course.

I annihilated all of them using Photon Edge followed by Chroma Dust and finishing with Terminal Flash.

As I landed to the ground, I thought everything was finished but I saw a Scythe blade flying directly at me. I jumped forward to evade it but I immediately got intercepted by a strong hit on my back. It sent me directly to the ground and all the snow particles sorrounding me were dispersing in the air erratically.

I stood up but as I tried to recover my balance, I received a powerful punch directly to my gut. That did hurt as hell and all the air I had was completely gone.

I kneeled down in pain and I dropped my sword. I covered my stomach using both of my hands and I struggled to breath.

As I dropped to the ground, I saw in the distance Kevin fighting a girl with a lance. I tried to focus and I wanted to help him, but my desire was blocked by another hit directly to my back followed by a sharp object slicing through the surface of my back's skin.

I screamed in pain as I felt a kick pushing me - effectively making me faceplant in the snow.

My back hurt a lot and it was the first time I experienced that kind of pain. Not even my blade's regenerative powers could cease the pain. I was laying on the ground, defenseless, not knowing who was the culprit that caused me those injuries.

As I rose my vision, I saw Kev was laying on the ground too and the girl with a lance was standing next to him.

"KEV!!!" I screamed with all the air I had.

"No no no no, please get up!!!" I said desperately as I saw the girl was placing her foot on top of his stomach.

"That is not gotta work." A female voice said to my right. As I switched my vision, I saw the phantasm version of me that I saw back in my recreation of Torna experience.

"No... Not you... Please please please go away. GO AWAY!!!" I shouted to her. The figure just smiled back at me.

"You are fucking stupid. Good job, idiot." She told me as she clapped sarcastically.

Tears started forming in my eyes. But something caught my peripheral vision and it was the girl pointing her lance towards Kev's chest.

He was bleeding badly, as I saw he coughed some blood and his weapon was nowhere to be seen.

I tried to stand up as quickly as possible to help him, but I felt a feet on my back pushing me downwards, effectively preventing me from standing up. I desperately attempted to crawl but this entity didn't allow me at all.

As I rose my vision again, I saw the girl was drawing a bit her lance towards her.

"Have mercy!!!" I shouted to the girl. She ignored me completely.

"Dumbass." My reflection told me as she laughed.

Then the girl with the lance, quickly thrusted her weapon and the tip of the lance pierced through Kev's chest as he flinched from the quick impalement.