Chapter 9

Chapter 9
—————

(Y/N) POV
—————

This is taking too long. Why do they make an exam that's 72 hours? Or maybe it was longer. I can't even tell anymore. My only concept of time is the people coming through the doors. Ugh. Either die or finish your trial faster.

Ah.

As I was thinking, five people came rolling out of a door.

The people holding us up were the four idiots. I bet it was Leorio who made them late. I get up and walk over to them while waving bye to Hisoka.

"What took you guys so long?" I ask while looking at Leorio

"So much." Kurapika says looking exhausted

"Whatcha looking at me for?" Leorio says

"It was your fault wasn't it."

"WHAT? NO WAY" while he's still yelling I look over to Killua and Gon. Gon was giggling as Killua said

"It was his fault" I laugh a bit as Leorio goes on a rant about how it could be anyone's fault but mainly Tonpas.

The door to the outside had finally opened and I quickly rushed out.

"Fresh air!" I say breathing in deeply. Having to be stuck in a relatively small area with a bunch of sweaty men did not smell good.

We're now boarding the airship thing and I can tell everyone is tired. Good thing we can sleep before the next exam.

A while later
——————

Most have gone to sleep. I only just realized that not many people are left. It doesn't matter. I'm passing this exam no matter what.

'I'm too tired right now.' I think as I look around to find Hisoka. I believe he has a room somewhere. Looking around I ran into Illumi without his pins in.

"Hey Illumi!! Are you ok the pins hurt don't they?"

"They do hurt a bit, but I can bear it."

"Hmm wait a second." I say as I grab my bag to get something. Illumi tilts his head as I hand him something.

"Here it's an ointment that helps relieve pain. Just put a bit on after you take out your pins. It should help." I really hate how he hurts himself like this. But it's his decision and all I can do is help him relieve the pain of it.

"This is very thoughtful. Thank you" he says smiling a bit while looking down at it.

"You truly are a nice person." He says looking up at me.

"Thank you" I say smiling

"Are you sure Hisoka raised you?" He says

"Of course I am" I say giggling

"Oh by the way why don't you have your pins in? You usually have them in when around people"

"Well everyone is asleep. And they are not necessarily around you."

"I see. Ah there's Hisoka. I'm going to go to sleep now, Illumi. Goodnight!!" I say walking away and waving at him

"Yes. Goodnight (Y/N)" and with that he also walked away.

I sit down beside Hisoka and lay my head on his shoulder.

"What have you been up to?" He says, slightly turning his head to look at me.

"Talking with Illumi" I say yawning

"Mm"

"Goodnight" I say before shutting my eyes