Chapter 4

Chapter 4
——————

I wave as I walk away from Gon. I hope he continues to be able to smile like that even after these gruesome exams.

After getting back to the testing site I realize not many people are here. There's a few nobody's but I can't seem to find Hisoka or Illumi. I hope their having fun getting the pigs too. It would have been fun if we all could have gotten the pigs together. 'I'll just get set up then' I thought.

I carry my two pigs to an open station and think about what I can do to them. 'I can always turn the one I'm giving to the judges into soup?' But is soup enough? Every other person is making a roast. Which is simple but a bit tasteless. I'm sure most of these guys have never even turned on a stove before.

I think soup would be the easiest but I'm not sure what to do with the other one. 'I personally really like dumplings so maybe those?' Then a great idea came to me. What if I made soup rumblings for the judges? If I make a simple pork soup and put it in the dumplings I'll have extra dumplings leftover that I can make into the kind I like. While soup dumplings are delicious they aren't very practical for traveling. And so I got to work.

I just finished making all the wraps for the dumplings when most of the other applicants started coming back in. Hisoka takes a spot next to me.

I ask "what are you planning on making?"

He looks around at the others and says "a roast"

"How basic" I mutter

"And you? What are you making?" He says with an offended look

"Soup dumplings" as I say this he gets an excited look on his face

"Can the oh so gracious (Y/n) share some of her amazing dumplings with me?" Hisoka pleads

"I'll think about it" I say giggling as I got back to work

At this point filling the wraps is done. Which is quite the task as I was filling them with a liquid. I decided it would be best to steam them so I put them in the steamer as I prepared the filling for my dumplings. Pork dumplings are probably some of my favorites. For the filling I make sure to add lots of pork and chives. I'm sure they are going to be delicious. And if they aren't I'll just let Hisoka eat them all.

Finally I am done with all of my dumplings. I have about 25 for each judge so I believe they will be full. I have all of my personal ones done as well. And I even have a couple for Illumi and Hisoka. I first wander off to give Illumi his since he's farther away from me. He likes when I make him food. He says that it makes him feel normal even if he's eating it while he's out on a mission. It makes me happy knowing I can help him in that way. Even if it's just a little. I placed the small dish of about five in his work area.

"You're making a roast too?" I say, eyeing his food. All he does is give me a slight nod.

"Alright then. Make sure you eat these. I made them for you. They're soup dumplings." I say and he gives me another nod. I wave and then walk back over to my work area.

I grab Hisokas plate and give it to him.

"The food goddess" Hisoka says as I give him the plate

"Careful eating them they're still hot"

"Thank you Bee" he says, already having one in his mouth.

"Hey where's your food?" I say looking around not seeing it anywhere

"Oh I already brought it up and they fail me"

"What!? Was it seriously that bad"

"No idea but I might just kill the girl"

"No don't kill anyone now just wait" I say, sighing

Can they really just fail everyone like that? I understand why but she might get into trouble if she does that. I'm not sure but I'll talk to her when I give her my food.

I walk up with my plates of food and set them both down. I notice I'm the last person to go up.

"I made pork soup dumplings" I say while taking a step back.

"Finally something different" the girl says as she picks one up with a pair of chopsticks. The guy next to her just picks up the plate and dumps them in his mouth.

"Delicious!" The big guy says as he holds his sign with a green O up.

"It was a basic recipe and wasn't incredibly impressive, but it still tasted good and was different from everyone else's. Because of this you pass, but only barely"

I suppose that's fair. She is a gourmet chef who has tasted much better than some 18 year old girls cooking.

"Are you allowed to fail everyone though?"

"I'll speak about that in a minute now go back" she says

At this point there were a lot of people protesting about failing because of the food. It was well deserved because they all made the same thing.

"You all failed" the girl judge began "everyone here made the exact same thing. It didn't matter if you just added a couple flowers to it to make it seem more appealing" she says as she glared at Gon. All he does is laugh a little.

"Nobody except that girl is passing. You need to be creative if you are going to be a hunter." And then she goes on a whole rant about it. I'm exhausted from making all that food and packing it away for myself. I lean on Hisokas arm and start yawning more. Just as she again said they weren't passing, an airship comes out from above and an old man jumps out.
Oh great the old perv is here.