Queen Death

Elijah slowly wakes up and he is in a different house. Around him are candles and he is in the center of a circle that's rose bush impression. He tries to pull the steak out of his back he looks up and he sees the Sun peeking in. He is grunting and sweating. He lays back down and Soyfa walks in.

"Such a will to live." Soyfa says." Wouldn't it be easier to give in? To simply let go? Part of you must crave that peace. The silence of the nothing that lasts forever."

"Why don't you come a little closer..... And we'll find it together."

"You'll have enough company. When you die, so, too, does your entire sire line. The gray sacrifice that will return me to flesh and blood. All I need now is the last of my remains for the ritual. Your family has done the job of finding them, and they should be coming to me soon enough." She says as she looks at the bones on the table.

"You can't expect to torment my family and survive."

"I survived far worse fates than your family." Soyfa says as she looks at Elijah." I say let them come. They will try to save you from the poison coursing through your veins, and in doing so, they will give me what I want. And as a reward for their efforts, I will let your family watch as you finally die." Soyfa walks behind Elijah. She kneels down and pushes the steak deeper in his back and he screams out in pain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Jeep pulls up to the old abandoned house and stops. People get out the car and Soyfa is waiting for them.

"You've come early. Good." She says.

"We're eager to serve." A man says.

"And your coven's?"

"More witches join us every day. They now know they're either with or against us." Then men kneel down.

"You New Orleans witches have been weak. Finally, you have a chance to shed that frailty." Soyfa says as she walks around them." Just as I will shed this frail form. My rebirth will herald a new day to all who swear allegiance to me. Only a few final detail remain."

~~~~~~~~

Back at the compound Amanda wakes up and Klaus is not in the room. She gets out of bed and walks in the bathroom. Downstairs Klaus and the kids are sitting at the table with a buffet of food.

"Now, you can't call yourself a connoisseur if you have not sampled each and every one of these." Klaus says to his children.

"Nope." Niko says." That's nasty." Klaus laughs.

"Here." He gives Zack a scone and Hope a powdered donut.

"It's so good!" Hope says and Niko laughs.

"Did I ever tell you three the story of my first beignet?"

"Yes." Niko says and the twins shake their heads.

"Well, Niko I didn't tell the twins. You two are in for a treat. Long ago, three French nuns came to New Orleans looking for a fresh start. And they came here. They marched right into our courtyard, and they presented your uncle Elijah and me with these rather lumpy looking, sugar coated pastries. Wow, needed to say, we were entranced. We set them up quite well."

"Why did they come to you?" Zack says.

"Because there was a time when we were regarded  as royalty. You might even go so far as to say I was king, which would make you and Niko prince's and Hope a princess."

"Good morning." Amanda says as she walks in.

"Wish I would have been born around that time." Niko says and Amanda rolls her eyes.