Welcome the Beginnings of Heat, Miyumi-chan!

Start from the beginning

The elder demon's eyes softened all the more watching the first-of-its-kind gift curl up in his lap. Nearly as much of a sleepy kitten as the two demon cats that rested in her grasp. It warmed him, seeing how much she trusted him, becoming so vulnerable with him. With all his heart, Sullivan absolutely adored his grandchild; 'love' as humans would word it.

"I'll protect you, no matter what, sweet gift..." he murmured, shifting her position to tuck the fast asleep child into his bed, pulling the covers around her and himself. "I swear it by my very soul." Sullivan further swore, keeping his tone low as he gave her another kiss on the forehead before flaring his magic to shut off the lights.

As the room was cast in darkness, the elder lay down, hugging his grandchild close and protectively as he slowly fell asleep. Determined even in deep slumber, to not allow anything to get to her, to not let her slip away from his fingertips. Not yet.

Within her confinement, Miyumi sighed in relief, being let down from the chains once more as her human half fell back into a deep slumber. The woman stretched, groaning as she plopped back onto the cushions and blankets of the bed she couldn't leave.

"Uuggh!" she called out in further distress, her abdomen twisting from some sort of unknown issue. Wishing to get it to at least some point of bearable. Miyumi began to move and turn over on the mattress, trying to find some sort of placement for her to feel the usual comfort she currently longed for.

The tall demoness grumbled under her breath, laying on her front with her face buried into multiple pillows. Strangely, she was craving to cuddle- much like how her outer body was doing so with those cats and grandpa- but to also feed this foreign warmth in her abdomen-was she hungry? That'd be especially strange if she was, seeing as she hasn't even felt the need for food in a very long time. Not since her human half was a toddler.

"What the hell...?!" Miyumi groaned into the pillow, the feeling suddenly strengthening. Burying her head deeper against the cushions with a few curses loudly leaving her lips weaving into a pained hiss.

She kicked at the blanket, trying desperately to find a comfy position as she hugged a couple of pillows in a crushing vice grip against her torso. Pouting as she lay on her side, finding her eyes being drawn to the direction where Kalego usually came from at night-the only realistic other that she'd be able to use for this strange need of cuddling. But as it was early-ish still, his wait would be quite a long wait.

Every minute that passed got the pout to deepen until half an hour turned into two that went by without any sign of the guard dog going to bed. Which caused the small pout to morph into a brooding scowl and an eye twitch. "How long does he take to fall asleep damn it?!" she screamed, chucking one of the pillows in her hold into the endless darkness with a growl.

"You seem comfy," Ali snorted, materializing in the imprisonment, floating over the bed but far away from the threatening chains that loomed above and most definitely out of reach of the demoness hissing curses at nothingness-and at a puppy's reluctance to fall asleep at earlier times.

Miyumi merely grunted, the scowl falling away as she puffed her cheeks out into a childish pout. "Spare me from your jokes right now, I've never been more uncomfortable on this bed in my life and I don't get why!" The woman sighed, sitting up while crossing her legs, keeping the three pillows still in her hold pressed up against her chest. Her tail flicked roughly against the bed, making a loud thwacking sound to showcase her ire.

Ali's head tilted, humming curiously. He knew for a fact what she was experiencing was the obvious signs of a cycle created from all the stress she has experienced recently (possibly from her entire life). Though he did suppose due to her not being near the nurturing miasma of the Netherworld-specifically it's aether till now. Miyumi wouldn't have experienced one before while her human half lived in the Human realm-even with all the harsh environments that World provided.