Welcome a little Reward, Kalego-kun!

A/N: Fairly small chapter, will be a while till the next one is out due to me having some other things to do lined up for my week. Also- I have said it a tad bit in comments but I won't be writing smut on this fanfic- but, if it is something you'd want to read; I'd possibly be making another story probably 'New Beginning's side-story' or 'New Beginning's Possibilities' or something along those lines that would basically be a 'what-if they did that differently/reacted in a different way and that or this happened-smut'. Anyways, let me know if you'd like that available and enjoy this chapter!

___________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 31;

The Netherworld- the realm where all demons live. And the Monarch who rules is- The Demon King! However, the Demon King's throne has sat empty for ages. Only the most worthy will inherit this seat of sovereignty. But who will it be?

Irumi, physical age 14. One day she found herself the granddaughter of a demon named Sullivan. Sullivan loves and spoils Irumi and is even sending her to the most prestigious school in the land. But there are a few problems. 1. The school she is attending just so happens to be the demon school known as Babyls. 2. She is still very much human in her capabilities, knowledge, and mindset. 3. Should they find out the part of her being human- they'd take advantage of her. And 4. Her connection to her mother will be a cause to many new obstacles that very well may put her life in danger! Will this pitiful girl who was finally found by her Grandpa make a better life for herself and actually manage to thrive in the Netherworld? One way to find out!

____________________________________________________________________________

Irumi rubbed her eyes, struggling to stay awake for long even as she ate lunch with the misfits, all of them in pretty high spirits from the exams.

Though, at least to her; something felt a bit off. When she woke up in her grandpa's arms her mouth had tasted strongly of iron- blood . While her ribs and left shoulder hurt horribly; which was odd due to the fact nothing happened to her ribs or shoulder during the match.

But she pushed it out of her mind, maybe she just overextended herself when running around and throwing the ball back at Azz, that was always a possibility.

Everyone- including herself just finished eating, not having other classes today due to the fact the other first-year classes are also taking their cannonball exams. "I'm going to head to grandpa's office. I'm pretty tired from the exam and it doesn't seem like anything I'm doing is waking me up. I'll see you both tomorrow! I hope you have a good night!" Irumi chirped with a smile, Asmodeus and Clara at her side.

Asmodeus immediately bowed, proclaiming he will as it has been blessed by her presence, and went on to say goodnight as well. While Clara made a few sound effects imitating her throwing a ball, while then going into a victory stance. "We should play even more Rumikins! Have a nice sleepytime and get that energy baaack up!" Clara cheered, smiling up at Irumi who giggled and nodded, smiling. "Sure! I look forward to it! See you tomorrow!"

Irumi went to the office, feeling a shudder run through her when she was alone in the hall, hugging herself as she looked around in confusion. Her steps paused for a brief moment in front of the double doors. She shifted from foot to foot, brows furrowing in worry at what she was feeling.

Blood dripped and flowed, tinting the world in crimson and the putrid scent of rust. The sharp sound of metal scraping against concrete; sending small sparks flying.

Irumi cringed, paling as she sucked in a panicked breath, wrenching the door open, and threw herself into the safety of her grandfather's office. She didn't pause for a second as the door slammed behind her, the wood groaning at the force as she ran over to him.