Welcome to your New Look Irumi-chan!

____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 4

The Netherworld- the realm where all demons live. And the Monarch that rules is- The Demon King! However, the Demon King's throne has sat empty for ages. Only the most worthy will inherit this seat of sovereignty. But who will it be?

Irumi Suzuki, age 14. She is a pitiful girl who was sold off to a demon by her idiot parents.

————————————————————————-------------------------------------------------------

The evening passed by quickly, Irumi enjoyed dinner with the two who she was hoping to see as a family more and more and spent her night doing her best to shovel in knowledge so she wasn't completely unprepared like earlier that day. Upon curiosity she looked further into the forbidden spells and also the many magical beasts that thrive in this world, cooing and aweing over the fluffy, soft-looking animals the most. With the hope of a much more peaceful day for the next, Irumi tucked herself in and fell straight to sleep with a smile.

As the night proceeded through in serenity, Irumi's appearance changed the slightest bit, a soft royal blue gently emitting from her body and encased her in a cocoon, her hair grew just a little bit longer from her shoulders to nearly her shoulder blades, the tips turning a darker hue. Behind closed eyes, her eyes glowed, turning brighter, as if blue electricity shuddered and raged within her irises, changing the color to brighter and brighter before the soft glow left, receding back into her to lay in rest as the sun rose on the approaching dawn.

"Mmmhm.." Irumi groaned, sitting up and rubbing her eyes as the sun mercilessly beamed into her eyes. Her hair disheveled, falling into her eyes, that night she dreamed of her parents making all sorts of requests before questioning if they could sell her to a demon. "..okay..." she mumbled half asleep.

Yawning she rubbed her eyes as, like the day before, Sullivan knocked and bounded inside with excitement, crowing his good morning for the entire manor to hear. "Good morning, how is my little nugget of a granddaughter doing today!~ Ru- ah? Oh my..."

"Mm..?" She hummed sleepily not noticing Sullivan's bandaged fingers or much of anything really. "Hm.." Irumi's vision locked onto the long strand of hair in her face. 'My hair wasn't this long already was it..? Oh well, since it isn't as mandatory to trim my hair anymore, I won't, it'd be a nice change.' she thought sleepily while hopping out of bed, yawning again as the girl close to sleepwalked into her bathroom while mumbling a good morning.

Opera and Sullivan watched her walk on, blinking. Sullivan, prideful and Opera in a bit of shock at the change. That.. wasn't the usual effect of a simple blood bind adoption..? Was this that strange potion's doing?

"Eh-" Irumi sounded out after washing her face, blinking lazily as she gazed at her reflection in the mirror. "EHHHHH?!" She screamed, becoming wide-eyed. Startled fully awake while leaning closer and inspecting her eyes, "what the- what in the world! And my hair! How did it grow this long?!" She yelped, her usual Egyptian blue coloring even changed.

While her roots were the same, the tips of her hair were quite a bit darker, giving it a strange reverse ombré effect. "Grandpa!! Opera! What happened to me last night?!" She cried out rushing out of the bathroom barreling into Sullivan to peer up at him. Her eyes are glittering and shining like blue hellfire-or to what she has seen personally- polished blue gemstones or a sparkling river.

"It would seem a bit of your metamorphosis happened last night." Sullivan simply stated, poking her nose with a little 'boop'. His heart was tightening in joy seeing that so familiar eye color. "I can't go to school with my eyes like this! Grandpa this will only drag more attention to me!!" She yelped, tugging at her hair in stress. "If I may interject my lady, but I believe we have contacts that can change your eye color to what you wish. Shall I grab them?" Opera supplied, aiding in calming Irumi's fear of standing out. "Oh..oh you have color contacts here..? Yes-yes please..you are a lifesaver Opera!"