Welcome the Beginnings of Heat, Miyumi-chan!

Start from the beginning

The rest of the day passed by quickly, with Irumi being asleep for the majority of it. Even once she was awake from her lengthy nap, the girl was still yawning and drowsy- looking forward to an early bedtime after dinner and a bath.

Dressed in a matching set of pajamas, Irumi sat on Sullivan's bed with the two cats on her lap. Her eyes narrowed into a squint as the lights were far too harsh for her tired eyes as she had her hair brushed-the final thing on the list before she could get back to her longed-for sleep. "Opera said something about a test tomorrow," Rumi mused out, half-conscious, running her fingertips through the thin fur coats of the cats half-asleep on her lap.

Sullivan hummed, lowering the brush after a moment, "yes, it'll be on your etiquette. Kalego-kun is taking you to quite a nice restaurant that is popular with the nobles. I pitched in a bit so it'll be in a secluded section so you won't have to worry about any draws of attention while you are out." He smiled, setting the brush down on the nightstand, lowering himself down a bit to kiss the top of her head, resting his temple against the damp hair. "It has a beautiful garden on the property...the food they serve is also quite delicious, I believe you'll especially enjoy the desserts..." Sullivan muttered, voice becoming lower as a sort of sadness began to take hold. He...truly didn't want to let her go.

But as he felt Irumi stiffen up, becoming slightly more awake in a show of her excitement, he quickly swallowed back those feelings. Smiling, eyes squinting a bit more, Sullivan reached to the sides of her head, fingers loosely brushing through soft strands.

"If you'd like, we can make a visit to different restaurants every month at the least, or any place you'd like to see." He offered, wanting to establish something himself to look forward to with her leaving the safe borders of his manor; having been told by Kalego how she seemed interested in going out - and how it's quite mandatory that she experienced more of the Netherworld beyond two manors and a school. Two of which are quite secluded in their location with barely any interaction possibilities with the outside world.

Quite honestly, he wanted to deny it still, to say no- throw a fit and show just how possessive and protective he has become of her existence. The idea of his precious little Ru going out in less secure locations made him sick, and stiff in terror at all the possibilities of what could potentially happen. But he knew he couldn't lock her away. Just her lineage alone points out that would be a horrific idea with how free-spirited her parents were. At some point, she'd leave too...

She may be able to hold down her wishes and be happy with anything allowed to her for now. But she wouldn't be truly satisfied with being a caged bird. Just with that alone, Sullivan couldn't bear the idea that he would potentially cause his sweet granddaughter dissatisfaction like that.

Her life prior to him finding her was too cruel, he won't add to it- he refuses. Anyhow, Sullivan did say he was going to spoil her rotten, grant every wish, every whim she may possess. And he'll do just that, even if what she asks may fill him with (hopefully momentary) anxiety. She'll also be required to show up at some noble events now as well with how he -in his excitement- introduced her with pride at the opening ceremony in front of all those students and parents. So it was probably good for him to get used to it with her going to nice places before she enters those devil dens full of greedy fools. 

"If it's okay...I'd really like that Grandpa," Rumi swallowed back a yawn, leaning back against him as her eyes closed. A big sleepy smile pulled at her lips as he gently hugged her around her arms and mid-torso, continuing to comfortably rest his face against the top of her head, smiling at her drowsy yet peaceful appearance.

"Then we'll do just that, I'll look into places you may find interesting starting tomorrow, but first we need to get you into bed, my dear sleepy pumpkin." Sullivan chuckled, his granddaughter giving a sleepy hum in agreement as she snuggled, curling a bit into a ball and pulling the two cats closer to her.