~•~• 1 •~•~

PresentWhite Chapel, Ontario, 2011

Present
White Chapel, Ontario, 2011

The sounds of thunder, rain, and mysteriously tense piano music came from the living room television, as an eight-year-old girl watches from the floor, a fluffy light pink robe covered her arms that held tight around a long stuffed bunny rabbit. She was watching a very popular movie serious, "Dusk" which basically tells the story of a human teen girl falling in love with a teen-looking vampire guy and their edgy romance, or something like that.

A male teen, who sat watching it with her, wasn't really paying attention. He loved the kid, but her movie taste wasn't his favorite thing about her. At the sound of shuffling in the kitchen, he looked over to see the girl's older brother carrying many snacks in his arms over to the already snack covered dining table. "Look at all this. Did you rob an ice cream truck or something? Did you force Will to buy all this?"

The dark brown haired teen asked another teen that had entered, arms also full of snacks and sweets, just happened to be afore mentioned Will's younger brother, Benny. "Tomorrow, we officially join the high school brotherhood," Will rolled his eyes his brother and turned back to looking over Jane, but still listening to their conversation. "We are men, we must mark the moment."

"Let's make it a Sunday to end all Sundays." The other teen, Ethan, sat down at the junk food covered table and started to open bags, digging in. Benny sits down next to him and also starts to munch on sugary treats. As Ethan grabbed a jumbo bag of mini marshmallows, he recalled something from forever ago. "Remember grade five when you put 176 of these in your mouth?"

"Yeah right, it was 186." Benny scoffed.

"No way, I did 172. You did 170." Ethan denied, and tried to make his best friend recount the memory.

"You barely hit 150!" They both paused, before Benny jumped to reach for the marshmallows to have a rematch, yet Ethan was already opening the bag and digging in. "I got it! I got it!" "No, mine!"

They continued to bicker between each other, shoving the fluffy treats into their mouths. Will scoffed at them, before hearing some thuds from outside the house. Jane seemed to have heard them too, looking back to him with silent confusion. He nodded and went to stand. "Hey Ethan, do you hear that?"

The duo were too busy counting the sweets in their hands before forcing them into their already full mouths, to notice both the thuds, and Jane's question. Will walked over and reached out to her, pulling the girl up from the floor.

She held up her bunny, appropriately named Abby, and complained about the teens to her, "teenagers really are dumb," before shooting Will an apology glance, but he chuckled and waved her off. Will nodded towards the front door and they sneak out, since Ethan was in charge that night.

Will usually watched over the boys and Jane, but was normally busy with football practice, as he is the new captain of the team. He was lucky to get out of it early today so he can basically watch over the kids while Jane's parents were out on a date night, which they do almost every Friday. Today, they were bowling in a little neighborhood competition.