CHAPTER TWENTY: Bowling Anyone?

Start from the beginning

"Y-You, you do?" He looked at me dumbfounded. "You still do?"

"Oh, jo. I never stopped." I eyed Five lovingly.

"I loue ye." He pulled me closer to him.

"I loue ye too." I sweetly smiled. His eyes fluttered to my lips..

Thud

The doors swung open and our family stumbled in at once. They searched for us to see us dropping our arms from our dance. I smoothed out his jacket then we sat down, followed by the others. The seat squeaked as Luther sat down. "Look, I hate to be the one to say this, but everyone needs to prepare."

Diego squinted his eyes at his brother. "For what?"

"To do whatever it takes to stop Vanya." Everyone of us looked at him in horrified disgust. Allison slapped his abnormally large arm. "I—" He sighed. "We may not have a choice, Allison."

"Bullshit," Diego called him out.

"Ah gotta say, this is unlike you, Captain America. She's our sister. There's always a choice."

"Coming from the former assassin." One scoffed.

"Yeah well that was our choice. Sorta." Five backed me up and put a hand on my thigh. "But, yeah, we don't have many to choose from at the moment." I suddenly felt uncomfortable by his touch.

"I don't know, but it doesn't have to be that. Like Eighty said, she's our sister." They rolled their eyes. Apparently he was still quoting me when he wanted to get a point across. They'd listen to me more than they would him so if I was saying it too then he thought they might listen.

"Look, whatever we decide, we need to find Vanya. And fast, okay? She could be anywhere." Luther suddenly stood up out of annoyance.

Klaus unfolded the newspaper. "Or... here." We got up and crowded around him to see her picture on the print.

"That's right. Her concert is tonight," Diego announced.

"Nice job, Klaus." I gave him a smile.

"Hello," the girl at the front desk from earlier greeted. "I hate to intrude, but my manager says if you're not gonna bowl, you gotta leave." She smiled at us.

"Why? We're paying you." I made a face at the manager behind the counter putting his hands on his hips.

"I'm just doing my job." I scoffed. I knew she was but still.

"Who's turn is it?" Diego asked the group.

"Oh for..." Luther chucked a bowling ball over his shoulder across multiple lanes and the pins clattered in a strike while not breaking eye contact with the scowling manager.

I crossed my arms. "Hey look at that. Ten points to Spaceboy."

Allison tapped on her notepad with a pin. "SHES OUR SISTER," she piped up. Well, sorta.

"We're the only ones capable of stopping this," Luther told us.

I sighed. "Aye, he's right."

"We have a responsibility to Dad."

"I retract my previous statement." This time I sighed out of annoyance and slouched back in my chair.

Diego snarled. "To Dad? No. I've heard enough about—"

"He sacrificed everything to bring us back together."

True, but Ah don't like it.

"I'm with Luther on this one," Five agreed.