Portrait F/(M)⚠️

The house is quiet when Mina returns from her work, snowflakes sparkling in her dark hair but she knows where she'll find her partner.

Chaeyoung is sitting in front of her easel in what's supposed to be the dining room of their house in which she had always used as an art studio because of the large south-facing windows.

Even in winter the light in this room is beautiful but she's not painting, she's merely staring at a blank canvass, a slight frown on her beautiful face.

Mina sneaks up behind her on soundless feet unable to resist startling her even though she's done it a hundred times in the years they've lived together.

When Mina's arms slide around Chaeyoung's shoulders and her winter-kissed nose presses against the nape of the girl's neck.

Mina feels Chaeyoung flinches but after a moment she can feel the girl's low rumbly chuckle and the girl's arms capturing her in a firm embrace.

"You're home early" Chaeyoung says, amusement still colouring her voice.

"Nope" Mina pops, dragging her cold nose against the sensitive spot behind the Chaeyoung's ear that never fails to make the girl shiver. "You were just distracted."

Chaeyoung sighs and nods, guiding Mina around to perch on her lap.

Mina never feels safer and loved when Chaeyoung is cradling her against her own broad, well fit yet soft, petite and so warm body.

"I wanted to paint you something for you" Chaeyoung confesses in a whisper. "But nothing feels right."

Mina smiles against her partner's throat, Chaeyoung always tries so hard to find the perfect gifts but all she really wants is her.

"You know I don't need anything this coming Christmas Chaeyoung" she murmurs. "Everything I want is right here." Her fingers draw little circle patterns against Chaeyoung's flannel-clad chest just in line with the heart.

The most important gift Chaeyoung ever given her.

Chaeyoung grasps Mina's fingers, drawing them to her lips. "And you know it makes me happy to give you little surprises"

And Mina does, she long ago learned that accepting Chaeyoung gifts and gestures with a smile instead of with entries in some imaginary balance sheet makes her immensely happy.

That the pleasure Chaeyoung derives from pleasing Mina is in some ways greater than her own.

Mina knows Chaeyoung is a rare one, she's known that since they were eleven year olds.

"Well" she says softly, tentatively. "There is one thing."

"Yeah?" Chaeyoung's eyes meet Mina's own, she looks so excited it almost steals the words from Mina's tongue.

"I mean it's not a big deal if you'd rather not  but…" Mina trails off and Chaeyoung waits with impatience painting her features like a little girl anxious for story time.

"I'd like a self portrait" she continues softly and at Chaeyoung's confuse expression she rushes to clarify. "A picture of you Chaeyoung, you've painted everyone else we know but there are none of you. I- I’d like to have a painting..of you."