Chapter 17

Sad, petrified, angry
:(
______________________________________

The patient had a swelling in his lungs. Louis had given him a potion for the pain and then healed the inflammation until he was breathing without trouble.

He prescribed some potions to help with any further pain or coughs, should they occur, before taking his leave.

It was fairly late by the time his carriage reached the castle, he hoped the Queen was still awake, she had wanted to see him and Louis would hate to disappoint.

He stopped abruptly at the steps, the aura from the inside hitting him with force. There was a palpable tension in the air. He darted his gaze to the soldiers, finding them eyeing him in disdain.

Something bad had happened, and he needed to act fast. He could feel it at the back of his throat, how vile this situation was about to get.

The guards moved first, pointing their swords at him.

Louis lifted his hands, the dark magic flowing freely from his fingers. "Stay back!" He warned, his body almost numb, unable to process the reason for this drastic change.

He took a deep breath as he saw Harry walking out of the gates, his mind almost relaxing at the sight of his alpha.

"Har- Your Royal Highness, is there a problem?" He asked calmly.

"Surrender peacefully, Sorcerer," Harry's voice was stoic, brimming with anger, it hit Louis deep in his chest, making the numbness return.

"You are under arrest for the attempted murder of Her Majesty, The Queen," Lord Frederick appeared by Harry's side, his face a cruel reflection of victory.

Louis felt his whole world crashing around him, he had missed all the signs, he had let himself get comfortable, he had believed that he could be happy at last. He had trusted.

"Seize him!" Lord Frederick commanded and Louis acted on instinct, magic lashing out of him, throwing the guards away, their swords skittering to the grounds.

"I would never hurt her!" He pleaded, voice frantic at this sudden change in events, "Hear me out, tell me what happened!"

"I told you he was a danger to us all, Your Royal Highness," Frederick said to Harry. "He made the poor girl do his dirty work, so the blame wouldn't fall on him in his absence."

The Prince gave a single nod, and this time Louis couldn't react fast enough. He felt something pierce his leg, an arrow.

Poisoned, again.

The edges of his vision blurred, his magic retreating. Darkness consumed him before his body hit the ground

______________________________________