Chapter 16

Louis helped Queen Anne back to the bed. They had started taking small walks confined to her quarters, on some days she needed more breaks than the others. Louis always reminded her to not let that deter her, instead focus on how far she had came. He told her to count the little victories and let those encourage her.

"Good," he smiled when she had settled back under the sheets, "Now you get to rest for the rest of the day without me bugging you."

"Why?" She frowned, "I'm no longer your favourite patient?"

"You'll be my favourite even when you are no longer a patient, and that's going to be soon," he assured her. "I have to go see a patient outside the Capital, he's having trouble breathing, but I'll be back by the end of the day. Till then you have these lovely ladies to take care of you."

Miriam blushed and Nadia teased her for it.

"Fine, fine," Queen Anne smiled, "Come see me before you retire for the night, please."

"Of course, dear Anne," he kissed her cheek and bid the ladies goodbye.

Louis went to see Harry, the Prince had asked him to come to the balcony before he left.

He snaked his arms around the Prince's waist when he spotted him, plastering himself to Harry's back.

"Hello, darling," Harry smiled over his shoulder, Louis picked up the thready beat of his heart but decided to not comment on it.

"Hello, my Prince."

Harry turned in the hold of his arms, caressing his cheek and guiding him into a gentle kiss.

"I thought I would wait until tonight, but I find myself failing to do so."

"What is it?" He asked, inviting.

"I have a gift for you," the Prince produced a small flower, not a red rose, no. A red rose would have failed miserably in even trying to signify what this flower did.

A gypsophila.

"Harry," he couldn't help the tremor in his voice, speechless as he touched the flower, accepting it with nimble fingers.

He laughed wetly, wrapping the alpha in his arms, kissing him with a smile on his face.

"I love you," he spoke softly against Harry's lips and kissed him again, feeling the alpha smile.

"I've been dying to say that, and dying equally to hear that."

"Then say it, don't make me wait," he complained, still smiling as Harry spun him around.

"I love you, so, so much," Harry confessed, "I'm in love with you, my darling."

"So am I, my Prince," he welcomed the soft press of lips against his, humming in content. "How am I supposed to go do my duties now?"

"Would it be too immoral of me to ask you to stay?"

"Sadly, yes," he laughed, "I'll be back before you know it."

"I feel your absence every minute we are apart, and you ask me to spend a whole day away from you, especially today."

"Forgive me," he spoke sweetly, tracing the Prince's fond smile.

"I'll see you tonight, my love."

"Now you are manipulating me to stay," he shook his head, reluctantly pulling out of his alpha's arms, "Goodbye, my Prince."

"Sorcerer," Harry bowed his head with a cheeky smile, stepping aside to let Louis leave.

______________________________________