Chapter 13

"I've been looking for you all over," Harry surprised him, pulling him into a secluded hallway and backing him against the wall.

"Whatever for, Your Royal Highness?" He teased, lifting his chin when the Prince narrowed his eyes, purposely avoiding to look at the Prince's hands.

"We started on equal grounds, Sorcerer, I insist you refrain from using the title," Harry reminded him, playful with his words.

"Then let me rephrase," he acquiesced, "Why were you looking for me, my Prince?"

Harry gulped, moving closer into his space, "You expect me to make my own decisions while you lure me with your words?"

"The flowers in your hand suggest you have already made your decision," he replied, breathless as he stared into the forest of green, "Weren't my words the ones that pleased you in the first place?"

"The more I'm around you the more I feel you are binding me with your magic," Harry admitted, hand cupping Louis' cheek, "My heart feels as if it's in great trouble, beating loudly only for you to hear."

"I can't do that kind of magic," he let his hands travel up the Prince's chest, bringing them to a rest at his shoulders, "If I didn't know any better, I would say you are playing the same trick on me. I have never before felt this turmoil inside me. To ache for another."

"Don't deny me then," Harry whispered, bringing the flowers between them, a beautiful arrangement of blue and purple irises.

He took them in his hands, cradling them to his chest and inhaling their sweet, sweet scent.

"Is this what I make you feel?"

"Yes," the Prince curled his arms around Louis' waist. Louis didn't deny him this time. "I admire you, admire your wit as well. I feel hope and courage when near you, when thinking of you. You make me have faith, I never thought that possible."

"You put me on a pedestal, Harry," Louis confessed, "We can't be equals if you aren't standing beside me, standing with me on a level field."

"Aren't we equals? My truest version of self comes forth because of you. Does yours?"

Louis had always thought him to be at his truest, but even he could see that with Harry he held nothing back, he opened his heart and his mind to him, so unafraid of consequences.

"Yes," he admitted, whispering into the space separating them.

"May I kiss you?" The want in the Prince's voice, the delight at his admission, the constraint at having been denied it till now had Louis shivering. 

"Don't crush my flowers," he warned with a smile, pulling Harry close by a hand at the back of his neck, other arm winding around the Prince's neck, holding his flowers safe.

"It would be a heinous crime," Harry laughed lightly, brushing his lips against Louis'. His voice turning serious, "I see you in my future, the near one as well as the one far, far away. With greying hair and smile lines, I want to be yours."

"It's unorthodox of us to voice such thoughts before even courting each other," Louis admonished, albeit uselessly, "The others would say it's a bad omen."

"Have you ever cared for what others say?"

"No."

"My heart and my mind know what they want, uncaring if it is seen as unorthodox."

"Kiss me then," Louis begged, whining high in his throat when Harry pulled him in a passionate show of his words.

His hands didn't stray, staying firmly at Louis' waist, and Louis wanted to bite at him, tell him to be a little less of a gentleman when holding Louis. He was no porcelain doll, he wanted to taste the unrestrained hunger the alpha felt for him.

His kiss, though, his kiss was unrelenting, trying to claim Louis as his. As if Louis' heart had ever beaten this loud for someone else.

He gasped for air when they broke apart, Harry's face pressed to his throat, hands unbuttoning the top of his Kefta to sniff unabashedly at his neck.

"You're barbaric," he chided the Prince but did not tell him to stop, "Acting as if this is an affair meant to be hidden."

The insecurity slipped despite his wishes and Harry growled.

"I will not have you doubting my feelings for you," the Prince said, placing a kiss at his neck, "I will declare it to anyone who would listen if that's what you wish."

"Not so early on," Louis blushed, admonishing himself for even doubting for a second, "I want to have a fill of you before someone else pokes their nose in our business. Although, I'm not sure I would ever be able to tire of you."

"Oh, I could make you tired," Harry smirked, and Louis gasped at the implication of his words, hitting at his chest.

"So vile," he laughed and then pressed back into him, settling to be held, head resting at the Prince's chest. "I'll make a body scent of these flowers and wear them for you."

He felt a happy rumble birth beneath his cheek and smiled.

______________________________________