• The Reason for Being •

The sound of trumpets marked the start of the ceremony. Instead of in town, the occasion was held at the center of where every great and honorable action for the kingdom would be recognized—The Castle of Barkingburg.

The throne room had a delightful number of people who attended. Among them included the PAW Patrol, who stayed at the request of the princess, and they all stood to the side of the straight path towards the throne where the ruler sat with a sword, her pooch beside her.

From the gates came a shining figure, dressed in white polyester shirt and a brown two-tailed coat with a naval cap for a captain, a golden sword-cross logo at its front. Everyone cheered for the pup, a blade sheathed on his hip, and he wore a proud face. After so long, he was finally accepted to be part of the great kingdom once more. Now, in a position most would envy. It was nerve-racking. All that was left was to be bestowed the title and officially become the new royal knight.

"Wouldn't it be a bother, though?" Claw spoke to himself, late in considering his schedule becoming full because of this new responsibility of his. He turned his head to the window to see Sparks watching from outside, trying to clap but his short arms were a curse. The pup then turned to Sweetie, who lifted his spirit through all his worries. "If it means protecting her, maybe it isn't so bad."

Reaching the steps that lead to the throne, Claw took a knee, looking up at the tan princess, who unsheathed the item of blessings.

"Do you, Sir Claw, promise to throw away your selfish desires to protect the weak?"

His ears twitched. "Yes, Your Highness."

"Do you promise to live a life by the sword and act upon what is required, even at the expense of your life?"

The question was already answered the time he did everything for Sweetie. "Yes, Your Highness."

"Do you promise to be by Sweetie's side for now and forever?"

The pup raised his head, glancing at the white pup, who wore a shy yet happy expression. "Anything and everything for her, Your Highness."

"Then…" the princess moved her eyes, turning to Sweetie, and she extended the sword to her.

"Me?" The pup was flabbergasted, equipped with the best flowery green dress yet unprepared for what was asked. Despite that, shaking a bit, she extended her paw and held the handle, taking the place of the princess.

"Sir Claw of Barkingburg, you were once purposeless and set your sight upon the most ridiculously trivial and nonsensical aspects of life. However, you have proven to be capable of holding a higher set of responsibilities, and the Kingdom of Barkingburg welcomes such potential." Sweetie had that confident tone with a hint of nervousness. However, it was clear in her eyes that she was honoured to be given the chance to title someone as her knight. "I bestow upon you, oh young former ex-knight now-return-to-knight-but-better…" she stopped, staring at Claw with a dumbfounded face that left everyone on their toes. She was unmoving and emotionless for a second.

For some reason, she lowered the sword and walked into the crowd of people, a few moments before another pup appeared coming out, dragged by the princess with embarrassment on his face.

"I can't, Sweetie. I've done awful things, I shouldn't be remade a royal knight… and I got a team that needs me." Chase stated, yet he was forced to kneel beside the Dobermann.

"I don't care. I was given the sword, I have the power… and there's nobody else I'd trust other than the princess, Claw, and you… and so, Sir Chase of the PAW Patrol. I bestow unto thees, the title of Royal Knights."

Sweetie patted their shoulders with the blade, making it official that the two shall become the new protectors of Barkingburg. As shown before, Chase would supposedly be against this. However, for some reason, he was smiling. Claw couldn't help but bump his shoulder onto his and share a laugh like they were the best of friends.