CHAPTER 22: Investigation

~PAXTON~

The CSI Effect. Named broadly after the fictional crime shows to describe the influence they play in the American legal system and the general public. Whereas crime is common and forensics science is real, solving a case in an hour or less is false. Investigations are tedious, technology expensive, and criminals are devious. Agencies like the FBI, CIA, and NYPD consider themselves experts in their field, but even with such large-scale organizations, they are extremely limited in time, money, and priorities. We sent in the video of Emmanuel's murder a few days ago and it is now July third. They have appreciated and also scolded our tactics in obtaining the footage, but have made no mention of progress in opening a case regarding my friend. I don't know their reasons, and it is no surprise that their communication with civilians is inexistent.

Nicky, Gerard, Asher, and I have become Chrysos' private investigators. She has been insanely busy over the past few days trying to dedicate all her power to uplift her company into better waters. She has no time to think about hiring a PI from NGOs or other agencies. Nicky and I have taken it upon ourselves to use the clues and resources that we have to figure out who is behind the assassination attempts and when they will strike next.

I spoke with one of my professors from school who specializes in gang awareness and history. Unlike the well-known cartels on the news, the SS Tribe is fairly young. Sure, they are equally as dangerous, but unlike the other larger groups, they focus on higher clientele like Chrysos, and their profits book in millions internationally. Through drugs, firearms, blackmail, and of course murder. They focus on specific people rather than turf or basic trafficking.

I have converted a conference room for our private engagements. It has no windows and the lock to the door is only allowed to our inner circle. We have two whiteboards filled with all our notes and research. At the center of the room, you can imagine a campaign room with a map of the world and New York City. Mounted on a wall is a TV that we can present on or do engine searches while we are talking. So far, our investigation has been lengthy, but we have no leads on their intentions for Chrysos or where they will strike next.

~~~~

~INVESTIGATION~

SS Tribe Insignias: signify rank and all members have it, usually located on the shoulder

Members go through beat-ins or give monetary tributes. For members to climb the ranking system one must have an impressive kill count and success rate.

Wooden Stakes: The lowest form of the command (majority)

Peligro Driver: Assassin that tried to use Fentanyl at Beaumont Pitch.

Emmanuel Salvador: held us at point blank in Brooklyn

Iron-Fang Assassins: Third-tier Commands, highly trained experienced killers solely meant to kill their targets

Shard: Unknown

Thorn: Unknown

Golden-Scale Generals: Second highest leaders, within the inner circle of the founder(s) of SS Tribe, messengers, executioners

Dilitírio: blonde ponytail, light skin, white porcelain mask with figures of snakes

Maximus: tan brown skin, baseball cap, and bulging muscles, killer of Emmanuel

King: Leader(s), founder, and profiter of SS Tribe

Identity Unknown

Tactics: guns, drugs, stalking, money

Locations: Unknown

Intentions for Chrysos

Kill her?