Chapter 24 - Dainleif The Gigachad

Start from the beginning

"What do you wanna do while waiting?" You asked Zaicim. "I don't really have much to do, but I have the materials and equipment to make more noot noot bombs." He said as he sat down on one of the chairs. "How many do you think can make?" You asked. "Maybe ten more." He said as he began working on making more bombs. Aether and Paimon leaned against the rail and kept an eye out for Dainsleif.

Right when he had finished the last one, Aether tapped on his shoulder. "They stranger is here. They sat downstairs." Zaicim nodded as all ten NNBs jumped onto Zaicim in unison. Now you had thirty noot noot bombs, hooray! You all walked down the stairs and towards Dainsleif. "Hi, I'm with the adventurer's guild." Aether said while waving beside him. Half of the NNBs were hidding under Zaicim's coat for some reason, while the other half were inside your bag. The only one that was visible was the one pawing at your tail. "How do you do? I'm an honorary knight of favonious." Aether asked. "Wow, he's got no intention of paying us any mind huh?" Paimon said from beside Aether. "So, uh, I'm a traveler..." Aether said.

"A traveler you say? Hm, why are you traveling?" He suddenly asked. "Think the NNBs are planning to jump him?" You asked Zaicim. "Not even the ashes of angel share would be left if they all collectively decided to explode on him, and we kinda need him alive. For now." He whispered. "I'm looking for my lost relative." Aether answered. "Well, that's as good a reason as any. Sit down over there then." Dainsleif said while gesturing to the bench on the other side of the table. Aether sat down on the side of the bench away from the window, while Zaicim sat down right beside it. You jumped down from his shoulders to sit between them on the bench.

"Hmm. That little one beside you." Dainsleif said while looking at Paimon. "Emergency food." Aether explained. "That's not true and you know it!" Paimon angrily said while pouting and stomping in the air. "Stop that, you look like a spoiled child throwing a tantrum." Zaicim said while looking at Paimon. "Paimon does not! And Paimon thought we were supposed to be friends." She said while crossing her arms. "I'm just saying the truth, only a bad friend would lie right?" Zaicim said while making the smugbedo face, or as it should be called when he does it, smugcim. "Ugh, Paimon's had it with you!"

"It's indeed a good thing to have someone accompany you on your travels. My name's Dainsleif. I suppose you have business with me?" He asked. "Well, I was hoping if you could help me look for my sibling for a while. Maybe temporarily join my team for us?" Aether asked. "I was never informed of this, wait a minute." You and Zaicim said while looking at Aether. "Paimon's really creeped pit by those two and their living bombs..." Paimon whispered. "Well, it's only temporary, and I'll need all the help I can get to find my sister." Aether explained. "The fucking audacity, at least tell me before you replace me." Zaicim said while crossing his arms. "Wait- that's not what I meant-" He sighed. "You'll still be part. Dainsleif might just be joining us for a while." He explained. Zaicim rolled his eyes.

"Sure." Aether looked at Dainsleif funny. "Huh?..." He was visibly confused. "But I will require advance payment." Dainsleif said. "P-payment you say...?" Aether asked as he remembered the amount of times either Mona or Zhongli had used him as a wallet. "Five hundred mora and three answered questions." Dainsleif said. You stood on your hind legs and threw up a pile of five hundred mora on the table. There were other and more efficient ways to do make mora with your stolen gnosis powers, but you did it this way in front of other people for shits and giggles. He calmly looked at the mora you threw up and took it as if you hadn't just thrown it up. Aether was looking at you incredibly concerned, Paimon was traumatized, while Zaicim was holding in a laugh at Paimon's face. "Ah, thank you. Now, as for my questions, I need you to answer them here and now." Dainsleif said.

"Do I need to answer them all correctly?" Aether asked. "The answer to a question is nothing about right and wrong. Only about differences in attitude. I only wish to know what your choices are. You need only answer." Dainsleif explained. "Well, alright then." Aether said while nodding. "Question one. The crisis mondstadt faces was resolved by an alliance between you and that... anemo archon that calls himself Venti. Who, in your view, was key to ending that crisis?" Dainsleif asked. "How do you know that Venti is...?!" Aether asked alarmed. "I know everything that I should." Dainsleif said mysteriously. "You think he knows about the time you pissed on Rhinedottir's pillow?" Zaicim whispered while looking at you. "I did what now?"