Jordan's POV

"What do you think?" Dad questions as I walk down the stairs, he stares at me from the mirror hanging on the wall.

"About what?" I question.

He turns towards me and dangles the ties in his hand. "What do you think? I'm holding up with two ties."

"Uh, solid blue."

"Hm." Dad looks down at the ties in his hand then he walks away from me. "I think I'll go with the stripes."

"Glad I could help." I follow him into his office. "What's it for?"

"Your mom's got one of her things tonight."

"Don't you usually bail on those?"

"This one's mandatory. What's up?"

"Just wanted to let you know that I might be a little over my allowance limit this month."

"Oh, no. Again?" Dad says as he sits down at his computer. "Jordan, you promised."

"I know, I know." I nod my head. "It's just Spencer's been hanging out a lot more, which is great for the team, but when the bill comes, he can't always cover his end, you know? So I just wanted to make sure he doesn't feel left out."

"Got it. Well, I know you're trying to do the right thing. I think that's cool, but, uh, I have been in Spencer's shoes, and he doesn't need you paying for him." Dad says but he doesn't take his eyes off his computer. "He is not your responsibility."

"But he's yours."

"Well, while he's under my roof, he is, yeah." He stands back up. "So I'll take care of it."

I press my lips together and nod my head as he walks away from his desk and pats my arm before he leaves his office, I look over my shoulder to make sure that he's actually leaving before walking over to his desk. Being that he didn't lock his computer back up I see that he's looking at my account withdrawals, at the top of is a link that has Crenshaw trust bank. I click the link to see it asking for a password and I don't have a single clue on what the password could even be, I look up Crenshaw trust number online and when I find it I call them on the landline.

"Crenshaw trust." The woman picks up the line. "How can I help you?"

"Hello." I clear my throat. "This is, uh, Billy Baker just calling to confirm a wire transfer."

"Can I have your pin, please?"

"My pin?"

"Jordan?" Dad calls out to me, I hang up and place the phone back on the hook. "Who was on the phone?"

"Um, the bank." I admit. "Just calling to check some allowances card purchases." I get up from his chair and walks around his desk then start to leave the room. "You know. Um, but Asher is having a thing tonight, so I will see you later."

"Yeah." Dad smiles and nods head as he steps the side and lets me walk out the room just as my phone chimes, checking my phone I see Layla has text me.

Are you at Asher's party? — Layla.

No.